Magic Explained... Again

"But I was sleeping so good." Yuna complained. "This bed is just so comfy."

"Come now my queen." Tyrell replied. "We mustn't waste any time."

"Do you have coffee?" Yuna asked, still groggy. "I need coffee."

"My queen, if it is breakfast you require, we shall eat before we train." Tyrell said. "I just insist that you keep the breakfast light so that your stomach is not too heavy."

"Not breakfast!" Yuna complained. "Coffee! Or that fruity drink that Peter gave me, that was almost as good."

There was a knock on the door. "Did my new wife sleep well last night?" Joe yelled from the other side of the door. "I brought you something I know that you will enjoy."

Tyrell opened the door and Joe entered the room carrying a steaming mug. "I remembered from your memories that this beverage was important to you." He said while he carefully handed the mug to Yuna. "It was very difficult to track down the beans from your memories, but after a great deal of searching I found some last night."

"You didn't sleep my lord?" Tyrell asked.

"No after your visit, I decided that I would search for my new wife's favorite morning beverage so that she may drink it when she woke up." Joe explained.

Yuna looked at the drink prepared for her. It's aroma filled the room and her nose. IT was unmistakably the fragrance of coffee. The drink she had longed for since she came to this world. As every office worker was, Yuna had become addicted to caffeine over her years of working. Her first sip filled her with nostalgia and joy. Her body reacted gleefully from the influx of the addictive substance.

"This is perfect." Yuna said in between the sips of her coffee. "I will forgive you for looking at my memories as long as you supply me with coffee every morning."

"Does that mean you will sleep in my room with me now?" Joe asked.

"No." Yuna sharply replied.

"But I thought..." Joe started.

"No." Yuna replied again. "It was a good effort, and you did make me happy. That doesn't mean I will sleep in the same bed as you though. Why do men always think women will sleep with them if they bring them gifts or food?"

"Very well." Joe said in a sad tone. "I will take my leave for now, with the solace that I at least brought a bit of joy to my new queen."

"Bye, Joe." Yuna said as he left the room.

"My queen, how is it that you can talk to the lord in such a manner." Tyrell asked. "Does his imposing presence not cause you fear?"

"Actually, he is the only demon that I do not see an aura for." Yuna explained. There is a raging infernal surrounding you, of demonic purple flames."

"Yes well, hellfire magic is my specialty." Tyrell said.

"Wait, what?" Yuna asked. "I thought there were only six elements of magic?"

"Yes and no." Tyrell answered. "My guess would be some lowly human explained..." Tyrell realized she was talking to a human. "I meant no offense by that of course my queen. It is just that humans lack a full grasp of this world's magic. Especially the ones summoned from other worlds."

"So Marl was wrong?" Yuna asked. "Okay, explain. What did you mean by yes and no."

"Yes there are six elementals, but two of the elements are not like the others." Tyrell explained. "Four of the elements are fire, water, air, and nature. Those four are the ones the humans have correct. The other two are light and void. The humans foolishly believe that those two are like the other four. When in actuality they are a modifier. So if you are a light element, you are also one of the base four as well. Same goes for void."

"So the guild master is a light element, what else is his nature?" Yuna asked. "His aura just seemed like a beam of light."

"Did you notice how his aura radiated from him like your friend the elf?" Tyrell explained. "He is actually a light nature type. The fool doesn't realize that is the reason he is only able to cast defensive spells and thinks all light magic behaves in the same manner as his. Although I suppose it is not really his fault. He is the only summoned with light magic."

"So since your aura looks like an infernal you are void fire?" Yuna asked. "That must mean Hannibal was void wind."

"Yes, my queen, that is correct." Tyrell answered.

"What is Joe then? I cannot see his aura." Yuna asked. "I can't see any aura from myself either, do you see one from me?"

"The lord is special." Tyrell answered. "He has all four base elements under his command as well as the void. As for why you cannot see his aura, I do not know. His aura is so imposing that if he left it run wild most who gazed upon him would collapse in fear. As for your aura, you don't have one. I hope to fix that today with your training. Which we have postponed long enough. Did you finish your drink yet?"

"Yes, I feel much better." Yuna said as she got out of the bed. "Do you want me to train in this dress or should I change into training clothes? We always used to wear sweats in the academy when we trained."

"Wear the dress." Tyrell answered. "The demon queen must appear as the queen at all times. There is much about demon hierarchy and status you must learn, but first I must teach you about your power. Follow me and we will head out to the training yard."

The two left the room and headed down the corridors. As they walked they passed Elvin going in the opposite direction. "Elvin!" Yuna shouted at her. "I am glad you are okay! Did you get a good night's sleep?"

"Yes." Elvin said. "All of the demons here have been extremely nice."

"That's great!" Yuna replied. "Hey let's catch up after I finish my training okay?"

"Sounds good!" Elvin answered. "There is something I have to show you later that I found while exploring!" She said with a smile as she continued her journey in the opposite direction.

"I wonder where she is going." Yuna asked Tyrell.

"Oh she has training too." Tyrell answered. "She wanted to be of assistance to you, so we offered to train her as well."

"Aren't you going to train her too?" Yuna asked.

"Mixing my void fire with her base nature would be disastrous for her." Tyrell explained. "Your friend would surely die. No, she is going to be trained by our gardening staff. They are all adept in nature spells."

The duo finally made it to the training grounds. It was a large open space. Columns lined the exterior and no roof blocked the sky. The sun shined brightly down upon them as they took places on opposite sides of the field. Joe watched intently from the roof.