Entry into the Demon Goblin Village

Yuna and Elvin traveled for what felt like hours before coming to an inn along the side of the road. They were still a great distance from the village they were sent to. "We should stay here for the night." Yuna said to Elvin. "I really hope they have a bath. I still haven't been able to take one and then I got all sweaty."

"You do smell pretty bad." Elvin said, teasing Yuna on her situation. "If they don't you may have to just use a river like Marl suggested."

"I will just stink before I strip outside." Yuna answered. "Now let's go inside." She said as she opened the door. This inn is a lot smaller than the Stampeding Mongoose. There were a few tables with travels sitting at them. The back wall was lined with rooms and had a staircase that led up to the balcony where even more rooms were located. As the girls entered all the travelers within the inn fell silent and stared at Yuna. Her purple gaze demanded their undivided attention.

"What can I do you lady's for?" The innkeeper asked. "We don't get many traveling heroes around here."

"How did you know we were summoned heroes?" Yuna asked the innkeeper.

"The way you're dressed of course." He answered. "That is not the normal attire of a merchant, whom we normally receive. Judging by your outfits I would say you must be a thief, and the elf behind you must be a mage."

"You know your stuff." Yuna said. "We were hoping that you could let us stay here for the night."

"Now I would, but we have a strict policy." The innkeeper said. "Heroes only bring trouble, and trouble isn't wanted here."

"So, what do you want us to sleep outside?" Yuna asked.

"I didn't say that." The innkeeper said. "I did not mean there couldn't be an exception to the rule. Show us that you are helpful, and I will let you stay. Heck do the task I need you to do and I will even let you stay for free."

"What is it that you want?" Yuna sighed.

"It's simple really." The innkeeper explained. "A few days ago, a band of demonic goblins moved in close to my little establishment here. Left unchecked they will eventually come and destroy everything. I was going to send a summons to the guild asking for assistance, but I cannot look a gift horse in the mouth. So, you two lovely ladies take care of our goblin problem and you can stay. If you refuse, you can hit the road."

"Fine, we will take care of your pest problem." Yuna said. Yuna was going by her world's stories and beliefs about goblins. In every story and in every video game goblins are always one of the weakest enemies. She viewed it as a perfect opportunity to test her combat skills and see what other affects the void mana did to her body.

"Are you sure Yuna?" Elvin asked. "Goblins are not something you want to trifle with, especially the demonic ones."

"I am sure it will be fine." Yuna said. "It's just goblins, how bad could it be."

"Bad." Elvin said. "But if you insist, I will have your back."

"It's settled then!" Yuna said. "Just tell us where they are, and we will be back before you know it."

"Just head south." He explained. "When you see a wooden fence, that's their little village they have created. Little buggers made themselves right at home and started fortifying their base right away."

"Okay we will return when we finish our mission." Yuna said as Elvin and her left the building.

They headed South towards the goblin village. The trip to the goblin's base was not a long journey. They arrived in only about an hour of travel. The girls looked at the large wooden fence surrounding the base. The goblins had also built towers behind the walls that contained scouts holding bows. "Wow they are prepared." Yuna said. "Never thought goblins could be so smart. The base is well fortified but there has to be an entrance somewhere that's unguarded."

Yuna scanned the base's defenses looking for a weak point. Finally, she found one. There was a small creek that went through the goblin village. Where the creek met the wall was a small opening. An opening that was just large enough for them to squeeze through. "Okay here is the plan, we will swim in the creek. It looks muddy enough to conceal our presence. We will sneak under the wall this way and have entry into the base. We will then sneak around the base and kill the goblins without making any noise or alerting the other goblins.

"Sounds like a good plan." Elvin said. "You sound like a real thief."

"Basic infiltration and assassination was a required class in the academy." Yuna explained. "Although this is the first time, I have gotten to use anything I learned out in the field. I am kind of nervous."

"If worse comes to worse I will use my vines to cover our retreat." Elvin explained. "It is extremely important that we do not get captured by the goblins."

"Don't tell me it's that sexual assault trope." Yuna sighed. "Why do goblins always have to be such perverts."

"What no!" Elvin replied. "They have goblin females; they aren't at all interesting in our bodies."

"Then why should we avoid being captured?" Yuna asked.

"Because they eat anything that has meat." Elvin said. "I do not feel like being on the menu tonight."

"Well, that's different." Yuna said. "Let's go up further so we can sneak into the creek without being spotted by one of the towers."

"I will follow your lead." Elvin said. With that the two of them snuck to the creek without being seen by the goblin towers. They then swam according to plan and made it inside of the base. As they surfaced the water however, things did not go to plan. When they surfaced, they were in the middle of a large gathering of goblins that all stood at attention and surrounded the girls.

"Well shit." Yuna said.