Marl's Moving Day

"Yes, Yuna is my wife." Joe held up his hand to show off his shadow ring. "I married her yesterday. It was spur of the moment, I apologize that you did not receive an invite."

"That's not really the problem here." Marl said. "How do you even know Yuna?! She is freshly summoned to this world. She was just here a few days ago, learning about the magic of this world."

"As much as I would love to stand here and discuss my wonderful wife with you," Joe said, "I really need you to just come with me. I do not wish to waste another moment that I could be spending next to her as she recovers. So please do not put up a fight, or resist, we both know how that would end."

"So if I come with you, you won't destroy the capital?" Marl said.

"Why would I destroy the human capital?" Joe asked. "If I wanted the capital to be razed, do you not think I would have done so by now? Did you think that the pathetic bit of light magic is what was keeping you safe? Tell me, when ants build a hill, do the defenses they set up stop you from stepping on it? Or is the only thing stopping you the choice you make?"

"Are you saying we are nothing but ants?" Marl asked.

"No, that would be an insult to the ants." Joe said. "Now please, we have wasted enough time. Gather your potions at once and come with me. This is not optional." Joe then released his wings once more, this time burning them even more brightly than before. The sky instantly darkened again due to his magical might.

"Alright!" Marl yelled. "I am going inside to get my potions! What kind of problem is she having? I need to know so I grab the right ones."

"Enough!" Joe yelled. "Get inside your house, we will take it all."

Marl ran inside his house out of fear for his own life. Joe was horrifying in this form. His voice echoed and shook the very earth on which they stood. After Marl was safely inside of his house Joe used some earth magic to free the house from the ground. Leaving enough under it so that the foundation remained intact. He then walked over to the house and lifted it with ease above his head. Joe then flew into the air carrying the house.

From inside his home Marl was looking out of his window. He could see that they were traveling at great speed and that the landscape under them passed swiftly.

"Message!" Marl said establishing a connection with Max. "The demon lord came to pick me up. Apparently he has married the new summon, Yuna, and she needs my help. Side note, I am moving to the demon realm, please do not follow or try to rescue me. If I see a way to escape I will, if not I...Well let's only focus on the positive."

Max was outside the guild hall, surrounded by every hero, when he received Marl's new message. "Yuna has married the demon lord?" He said in disbelief.

"What of Elvin?" He looked around seeing no signs of the elf girl. "She must be with Yuna...or dead."

Max raised his voice so that all of the heroes could hear him, "Today is our victory!" He shouted. "The demon lord has sensed our combined might and retreated back to his castle! Our victory has come at a great loss, however, the new adventurer Yuna and her friend Elvin are lost to us. As well as the strongest of us; Marl Lynn Magnus. May they all rest in peace."

The crowd was in shock over the news of Marl's passing. They all looked at each other with stoic expressions. "Let this victory serve as the springboard for our new campaign!" Max raised his fist into the air, "Let us go to the surrounding nonhuman villages, that are in service to the demon lord, and make them regret their very existence. Let us make them pay dearly for the heroes they have taken from us. Let us engrave the fallen heroes' names into our hearts so that they may never be forgotten!"

The heroes in attendance all cheered at Max's moving speech. "Bring me scouting reports, we will find the best areas to attack first," Max said. "I will be in my office shortly. I must first inform the king of the heroes who passed. Please have the reports ready for me upon my return, we do not want to lose this momentum that we have gained."

The demon lord was on his way to the castle, unaware of what was happening inside the human capital. All he cared about was helping his new wife. He made excellent time flying back to his castle. With a look he caused the earth to erupt leaving a hole the perfect size for the mage's house foundation. Joe placed the home down in the crater and upon landing Marl exited his holding an assortment of potions in his arms.

"I am glad you came out prepared," Joe said impatiently. "Let us go to my wife now." Joe dispelled his wings and rushed inside. Marl followed the demon lord as fast as he could.

Tyrell saw this transpire through the window in her room. Yuna was still unconscious laying on the bed. "Looks like the lord has returned from his chore," Tyrell smiled. "I should have known it had something to do with you. He never does things by himself, always says if he went out it would scare the humans too much." Tyrell walked over to the door and opened it anticipating their arrival. They rushed in shortly after she opened it. Joe ran over to this wife's side and held her hand.

"Do something Marl," Joe commanded. "That is why I brought you here."

Marl walked over to Yuna's bed and felt her forehead to check for fever. "She is cold," Marl said, "I think her mana got too low again." Marl then opened her mouth and poured his potions down her throat. As she swallowed them the color returned to Yuna's cheeks, warmth spreading throughout her body. Her eyes fluttered open. The last thing she remembered was Joe yelling out her name during her training session. When her eyes focused on Joe she saw him holding her hand tightly, and on her other side was Marl, a potion in hand.