Yuna is Awake

"What is going on?" Yuna said in a groggy voice. "What happened? The last thing I remember...Did I pass out?"

"It's okay, you're awake now." Joe said to her, overjoyed that she had come back.

"Master?" Yuna said as she looked up to Marl. "What are you doing here?"

Joe glared at Marl awaiting his answer. "Don't worry about any of that right now," Marl said. "The important thing is that you are awake now." Joe was pleased with Marl's answer and turned his attention back to Yuna.

"My back feels funny," Yuna said as she reached behind her to see what was causing her discomfort. "What is this?!" She yelled when she felt the bump on her back. "Am I growing a tail?" Yuna glared at her new husband. "Did you do this to me? Did you cause me to grow a tail?" She ripped her hand from his.

"No, no!" Joe said. "I found out about it when the doctor was treating your burns. He rolled you over and showed me the lump on your back."

"Wait you were watching the doctor treat me?!" Yuna shouted.

"I was concerned about your well being." Joe replied.

"No, you were being a pervert," Yuna replied. "Just like when you gave me clothes, you didn't provide me with undergarments."

"I told you she would be upset my lord," Tyrell said from the corner of the room.

"Tyrell! What was with that last attack it nearly killed me!" Yuna started shouting at her.

"I knew you would survive." Tyrell responded. "There is an important matter we need to discuss with you. Please calm yourself."

"Oh, that's my fault." Marl said. "The potion causes hyperactivity; it's amplifying her emotions at the moment. It will pass shortly."

"Don't act like my anger is just some side effect of a potion, Master." Yuna said as she crossed her arms in her rage. "I have every right to be mad," Yuna thought back to the last thing she remembered. "Why were you at my training anyway?" She said while making eye contact with Joe. "Don't you have anything better to do than to spy on me?"

"Well I...," Joe started.

"What? Widnapping me was not enough?" Yuna said. "Now you stalk me, and peep on me when I'm getting medical attention. What's next you going to sneak into my bath and try and wash my back?"

Marl was amazed that Yuna spoke to the demon lord in such a manner. "Yuna, how can you be so fearless?"

"Fearless?" Yuna questioned. "You mean you're afraid of Joe?"

"Yes, the demon lord is quite terror inducing." Marl replied. "I feel as if I am a grain of sand next to a mountain."

Yuna looked at Joe, she still could not see an aura emanating from his body. "I don't know, he doesn't have a big scary aura for one thing."

"Yuna, we'll need to speak with you." Joe said. "Are you going to calm down?"

"A little bit I guess." Yuna said. "I am still mad, but no longer have the urge to cause violence."

"Well that's good." Joe smiled. "Listen, the doctor told us that if you continue to use your void mana, your body will keep changing. We do not know what you will change into, since you are not a demon. If you don't want to train anymore, I will not force you. I will stay next to you at all times and protect you. I will never let any harm befall you."

"That's why I have a tail?" Yuna asked. "Or at least the makings of one."

"Yes, the void mana is changing your body." Joe said.

"So, if I give up learning to use my powers you will stay next to me always?" Yuna asked.

"That is correct." Joe said.

"I will keep training then." Yuna said. "Turning into whatever is better than being babysat every hour of every day. Even if you are my husband now I still want my free time."

Joe looked sad. "So you don't care what happens to your body as long as you get time away from me?" Joe said, tearing up.

"Yes." Yuna smiled.

Joe got so upset he had to leave the room. "That is quite harsh my queen." Tyrell said. "The lord can be quite sensitive. He values your opinion of him dearly."

"He is the demon lord," Yuna stated. "He shouldn't cry because someone said mean things to him. I mean look I was kidnapped and forced into a marriage. Did I cry? On top of that I married a pervert. I still haven't cried. But he cries because I told him I needed my alone time."

"You must understand." Tyrell said. "You are the first person, human or demon, that has ever told him no since he became the demon lord. He doesn't know how to handle it; you are the first person to not fear his wrath."

"You all talk like he is a terrifying guy." Yuna said. "He literally just left the room because his feelings were hurt. That is not my definition of terrifying."

"There's something else you should know, Yuna." Tyrell said. "It is about the markings on your back."

"Oh right, you promised that you would explain those." Yuna said.

"There is another level of demon above even the highest class." Tyrell explained. "Only one demon has ever been born of this class. The main hallmark of it is the fiery wings that form on their back when they use their mana. Those markings are where the wings form, the lord and you both have those markings. You are the second lifeform to ever have them."

"So, I have wings?" Yuna asked.

"You formed one during your training and that is what caused you to pass out." Tyrell said. "After a few seconds all of your mana was depleted and you collapsed. The demon lord does not have this limitation, he can burn his wings for hours without even coming close to running out of mana."

"Is it because I am new at it?" Yuna asked. "Or is it because I am a human?"

"Honestly, I could not say." Tyrell said. "My guess would be it is because you are human. After your body finishes its adjustments you may have more mana, or more control. It is really unknown at this point."

"So, after I become whatever?" Yuna asked.

"I believe so yes." Tyrell said.

"Don't fret, Yuna. I will research heavily and try to find a potion, or a spell, that will reverse the effects of the void mana." Marl said.

Meanwhile the upset Joe made it back to his chambers. He entered and was surprised to find an upper demon standing in his room wearing a butler's outfit. "Who are you?" Joe shouted at the unknown demon.

"My name is, Albert, sir." The demon said. "Lady Tyrell has informed me that she could not fulfill her required duties in order to maintain your proper care. So, I am here to fill that void." Albert then bowed to his lord. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."