90. Street Rats

✖️✖️✖️✖️

  ✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid stood in between her mother and sister next to David behind the one-way mirror inside of the station as they watched a tanned, raven haired woman wait inside of the interrogation room.

"I guess Shirin was after more than just a fulfilling career in education," Snow remarked,

"If that's even her real name." Astrid smirked as her mother glanced over at her in agreement.

Emma sighed, "Let's go find out." She and David both walked inside of the room while Astrid remained behind the mirror next to Snow, watching the interrogation.

"So, let's talk. Who are you really, Shirin?" Emma began, "What are you doing here? Let us help you. Tell us who you are."

"I... I can't tell you," Shirin stammered, "I've had to keep my true self secret for many years. In the Land of Untold Stories, Hyde... he could use this against me."

David has his arms folded across his chest as Emma looked up at him, sharing a look, before she leaned back and folded her arms across her chest.

"Hyde's dead," David informed the woman.

Shirin's eyes widened as she let out, "Really?"

"Yeah, he's gone," Emma further explained, "You don't have to be afraid of him."

Shirin looked from her to David and down at her cuffed hand on the table before she admitted, "I'm Princess Jasmine of Agrabah. And I swear to you, I am innocent of this crime."

Astrid shared a look with Snow as the two glanced back at the three people in the room in front of them.

"I believe you," Emma assured.

"Really?" Jasmine froze in slight disbelief.

"I have, kind of, a superpower," Emma shrugged as David asked, "So, if it wasn't you, who was it?"

"I have no idea," Jasmine admitted, "That girl, she was my friend. She was helping me find a man who I cared about a long, long time ago."

"Aladdin?" Emma inquired.

Jasmine leaned forward in her seat and asked in surprise, "You know him?"

Emma shook her head, "No, I just saw the movie. It's a this-world thing. But where is he?"

"I wish I knew," The princess sighed and marveled, "He was quite special. He was... the Savior."