21. Second Star to the Right

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid sat down on the edge of the cliff and just watched the sun rise from the horizon, one leg dangling off the edge hole the other was pulled up to her chest. "Thought I might find you here this early. What're you thinking about, love?" Peter spoke up from behind her.

Astrid sighed softly and moved her leg to where both now dangled off of the edge as Peter sat beside her, their legs touching lightly. "My dad... Hook..."

"You want to talk about it?" He asked quietly, moving his hand over hers on the ground in between them.

"I was just wondering if he was safe or if he got his revenge yet..." Astrid admitted reluctantly, "I might not forgive him for what he did, but I do still care about him."

"I know. He's probably okay and maybe even still think about what he did to you." Peter shrugged, "My father also abandoned me an eternity ago, so you're not alone, love."

"You want to talk about it?" Astrid asked quietly, glancing over at the dirty blonde haired boy beside her with a sad smile, "Because I'm right here, Romeo."

"I know you are, Charming." Peter smiled and then frowned as he told her the story of how his own father abandoned him.

Astrid kicked the door to the mayor's office as it shot open and she stepped inside of the room, twirling both of her swords simultaneously in her hands; Emma and David followed in after her, aiming their pistols around the room.

"Huh. Also ow." Astrid remarked after seeing an empty room and then added the 'ow' after kicking the door open with her boot.

"It's okay! She's not here!" Emma shouted out the room as Snow and Henry entered inside of the room.

"When you find her, you're not gonna hurt her, are you?" Henry asked as he watched his aunt swiftly slide her swords back into their cases on her hips.

"No. We just want the beans she stole from us." Emma answered.

"I don't get it. Why would Regina leave her office unlocked?" Snow spoke up in confusion as David added, "Especially when she's keeping the beans here."

"Was keeping them here." Snow sighed as she, David, and Henry looked in the glass containing the bean patch. "They're gone."

"Something's not right. Regina would never leave evidence like this behind." Emma spoke up.

"Maybe she already used them to portal out of Storybrooke." David suggested.