55. Smash the Mirror: Pt.2

✖✖✖✖

✖✖✖✖

Astrid and Hook ran towards the steps of the large mansion, having seen Emma's yellow bug parked in front of the gate. "Swan!" The said pirate exclaimed in worry along with Astrid yelling for her sister, "Emma!"

"Watch your step, Astrid, Captain," Gold spoke up as he stopped the two from moving up the steps, "The terrain's a little rough around here."

"Get out of my way, Stiltskin," Astrid remarked, nodding over at her father figure, "We'll die fighting before we let you use that bloody hat on Emma."

"Aye, it's true," Hook nodded in agreement just as Gold slung the man back with his magic and pinned him against the fence, strong and sturdy ropes wrapped around him securely.

"It seems my dearly departed brother casted some protection spell on you, dearie, so magic, including mine, won't work on you, sadly," Gold pointed out to Astrid who smirked.

"Let Hook go," She commented, her hands now glowing while the girl glared at the Dark One in front of them.

"AJ, go stop Emma. Don't worry about me." Hook let out as he struggled against the restraints on him, "Save your sister."

Astrid reluctantly nodded and ran up the stairs and approached the front door, entering inside of the large house. "EMMA!"

The teenager took off running through the different rooms and then stopped when she noticed Emma standing in front of two closed doors that held a bright light inside. "No, Emma!"

"Astrid?" Emma let out while quickly turning around and facing her twin, truly afraid of what's fixing to happen. "You have to leave."

"No. I'm not leaving my sister." Astrid began with a shake of her head and stepping closer to the woman in front of her, "I'm not giving up on you. Ever."

"I have to do this. I don't want to hurt anyone else anymore. My magic is too unpredictable, too unstable." Emma pleaded, her eyes watery as her hands began to spark and glow some more. "There isn't any other way. A, just go. Please!"

Astrid stepped forward towards her sister again, her hands up in slight surrender, as she continued, "No. Because I know how scary it is hurting someone you love, but giving up your magic- the thing that makes you special- is not the bloody answer. There's another way. Please believe me, Em."

"But there isn't," Emma sighed, "Not this time." She turned her back on the girl and faced the double doors again as the light inside grew and shook them.