33. Going Home

✖️✖️✖✖️

  ✖️✖️✖✖️

"You never cease to amaze me, Peter. Outwitting the Evil Queen in less than a day? That's impressive." Felix praised as he walked behind Pan- Malcolm- towards the well in the woods.

As the two both stepped onto the ledge to look down inside of the well, Malcolm replied, "I just used the element of surprise." He looked inside of the well before pointing out, "This is it. This is where we'll cast it. The ingredients?"

Felix handed him the bag with the stuff inside of it as Malcolm took it and opened it, Felix asking, "When it's done, will they all be dead?"

"Worse. They'll be slaves to this new land we're making with no idea of who they once were," Malcolm explain while tossing down the first ingredient, "Death is final, Felix. Their suffering will be eternal."

Malcolm tossed another ingredient in the well, adding, "What she did is child's play compared to what I have in mind."

Felix smirked, leaning against the edge of the well, saying, "I knew you'd win. Peter Pan never fails."

Malcolm then smirked, completely convincing him that he was Peter, as he tossed down the last ingredient into the well. Felix noticed that nothing happened and asked, "Are we missing something?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

Malcolm glanced over at Felix, saying, "The heart of the thing I love most."

"So... You have to get Astrid or your brother Rumplestiltskin?" Felix reluctantly asked.

"I never loved Rumple, and I do love Astrid more than anything." Malcolm began, "But love can be many things, Felix. It doesn't just come from family or romance. Love can also come from loyalty, friendship. Only one person has always believed in Pan."

Felix realized what he meant then and widened his eyes before murmuring, "...That's me."

Malcolm nodded, saying, "Don't be afraid, be flattered." He then shoved his hand through Felix's chest as the Lost Boy yelled, "No, no, no, no, NO!"

Malcolm clenched the glowing heart in his hand tightly and crushed it, turning it into dust as Felix died, thinking, "Bring the old Peter back, A."

Malcolm smirked and dropped the remains of the heart into the well just as the green cloud of smoke begun to rise from it.

***

"Another curse? It's happening again?" Snow questioned as they all stood outside of the crypt now.