⫣54⫦ Don't Leave Me

Careful: Long and emotionally draining chapter ahead.

Taehyung POV

I hit the wall again and again until my knuckles start bleeding, the wall graced now with an indent of my fist.

Three days and I heard nothing of Lian.

Three days of not seeing her, not knowing what was going on in that house while we could do nothing but wait for her to come back to us.

She turned off her phone and Yoongi located the tracker abandoned right in front of the camp.
She didn't come to school either.
And me?

I can't stop remember the way she looked so betrayed after we showed her the evidence- like she was disappointed in us.

In my heart there is no doubt about Kwang-Sun's involvement.
We aren't wrong about him!

I saw it in his eyes when I came to their house- the monster sitting just across from me.
And Lian... I thought she'd seen it too- felt it- was so convinced...

And yet there was so much doubt clouding her sight the last time she stood in the bunker.
Almost as if she was wondering if we lied to her again.
Used her.

One day.
Just one day.

One more day I will allow this to go on before storming that house and deny all reason and logic. I don't care if her father sees.
I have to meet her- have to make sure she is all right.

"Tae! Are you in there?"

I don't turn to Namjoon's voice outside my trailer, just keep standing with my face to the wall.
I can't keep the anger in my voice hidden however.
"What?"

"You should come outside. Lian is on her way!"

My feet are moving, my hand reaching for the door, ripping it open before Namjoon even finishes his sentence.
I look at my leader with big eyes.

"Has she called you?"

Namjoon's face is half hidden under the umbrella as rains splashes around him.
I don't care about getting wet, letting the rain soak my hair and clothes as I step out.

"No, but she turned her phone back on and Yoongi located it in a bus on her way here.
You should-" He stops mid sentence as his gaze drops lower, to my hand
My bloody hand.

Namjoon closes his eyes for a second, then sighs.

"I thought you stopped doing that to yourself."

I don't know what to say.
Yes- meeting Lian somewhat stopped my urges to hurt myself.
She can ease my pain like nothing and no one else ever could.

One look from her and my demons went silent.
One touch and I forgot all the pain.
One word from her lips and I forget all the horrible pictures branded in my head.

My injured hand balls into a fists as the water drips over the wound, turning the translucent liquid a pink-red before falling to the earth.

"Let me get dressed and I'll be in the bunker in five."

I don't let Namjoon answer before I already turn.

It only takes me four minutes as I sprint out my trailer and towards the Black Swan, my heart racing.
Finally Lian will be back, taking away the pain that has returned the moment she left.

The others have already assembled in the bunker.

I'd made quick work, carelessly and hastily wrapping my hand, but of course, my brothers notice anyway.
Their faces are grim and worried, but thankfully none of them comment on it.

"She's here," Yoongi suddenly announces, calling up the surveillance video.

My heart skips a beat.

It takes me by such surprise, I stand there gaping: how much I truly missed her.
It takes my everything not to sprint out and meet her halfway, then take her to my trailer and make her rethink ever making me go crazy like that.
To leave me, even for only a few days.