{Chapter 1}

You were (Y/N) (L/N). You lived a fairly normal life, working as a barista in a nearby cafe. You lived alone in an apartment, but you didn't mind. You had friends. You were happy with your life. You liked your job. You had no real reason to be sad in any way. Everything seemed to be going well for once.

As a matter of fact, you were working right now. You were working at the register, as per usual. The familiar scent of coffee helped you feel at ease. The little bell on the door jingled, signaling that someone had walked in. You looked over, your cheeks turning a light shade of pink. It was Aizawa. He was a regular customer, he had been for a while. Over the past few months, you'd gained a crush on him.

Aizawa walked over to the register. You smiled, looking up at him. "I assume you'll have your usual?" You asked. He smiled softly and nodded. "You know me too well, (Y/N)." He replied, pulling some cash out of his pocket. You rang up his order, blushing softly. He handed you the cash, and your hands touched for a moment. His hands were warm, at least compared to yours. "Will that be all, Aizawa?" You asked, just wanting more conversation with him.

Aizawa nodded. "Oh, and for the record, you can call me Shota." He said, before walking away. You were sort of buzzed for the rest of the day. A happy excitement followed you everywhere you went. You couldn't help it. The thought of getting closer to Aizawa gave you butterflies. 

After work, you walked home. It was only a few minutes walk, so you didn't mind. Besides, it'd been a good day so far, so you didn't think anything could go wrong. You had a soft smile on your face as you walked, tucking your hands into your pockets. It was a little cold, but you didn't mind. It was nice out.

The walk home was quick and sweet. You unlocked your apartment, feeling optimistic. You went inside, making sure to close and lock your door behind yourself. You laid across the couch, sighing. Today was a good day. It seemed like nothing could go wrong. You felt light and fluttery like you just had one of the best days in your life. It seemed like things could only go up from here.

You relaxed, allowing yourself to space out. You deserved it. Besides, a little bit of relaxation never hurt anyone. You turned on the television for background noise, staring up at the ceiling. You thought back to your interaction with Aizawa that morning. Although it wasn't much, it was definitely still your favorite part of the day.

Just the thought of it made you happy. It seemed like it'd been just yesterday that you'd developed your feelings for Aizawa. His roguishly good looks. His sweet smile. He was a hero, too. He was passionate and cared about what he did. Everything about him made you feel all fluttery.

You drifted off into a daydream, thinking about Aizawa. A future that the two of you could share together. You often daydreamed. It helped take your mind off of reality for a while, even if your life wasn't too bad. You just preferred it, you supposed. In a dream, you could control everything. You could change anything that you didn't like about yourself.

For you, that was a big deal. When you were a child, you had always dreamed of being a hero. Of saving people. It was a pipe dream, but that didn't matter. It still meant a lot to you. Those dreams shattered once you figured out that you were quirkless. It had destroyed you. After that, you'd given up on dreams. You had no plan for the future.

That's why you ended up the way you did. Not to say that your life was bad. As a matter of fact, it was far from. But it didn't stop you from craving more. From wanting to be more. That's why you daydreamed so much. It let you build a world where you could be who you wanted to. Where you could be free.

In that world, you didn't have to worry. You were safe. You could achieve even the wildest of your fantasies. It was true freedom. True happiness. Something you hadn't felt in a long time. You were happy, yes, but you still craved more. You didn't want to be a nobody with a dead-end job. You wanted to help people. To be important.

But, with your quirklessness, that made your dream practically impossible. Sure, there was always the medical field or being a first responder, but that took training and work. That took time that you didn't have. You were just barely working enough to live comfortably, so you didn't want to risk it. Your life was in a fragile balance, but you didn't mind it.

As long as you had a roof over your head and food on the table, you were happy. At least, that's what you conditioned yourself to believe. There was always that part of you that wanted more. Although you tried to suppress it, it never truly worked. There was always that craving, that longing that followed you everywhere. 

It was easy to ignore for a while. It was down-low, manageable. With time, that longing grew. You daydreamed more. It got more difficult to control. It was how you spent a lot of your free time, now. Yearning and daydreaming. Wishing for more. It was a longing that you knew wouldn't pass. It'd follow you to the ends of the earth. 

You only hoped that you could find someone who'd chase you the same way your feelings did. Who'd go after you relentlessly. Be yours and yours alone. The thought of having someone like that made you happy. Someone who wanted you. Someone who needed you. You liked the concept of being wanted. Of someone who actually liked having you around. You could only hope that there was someone out there who felt that way.

Next time, you should be more careful about what you wish for...