GRAVE

AMELIA
The next day after meeting with Axel, we had planned to visit my moms grave. The graveyard wasn't very far, only 20 minutes away if we walked. Julia was at work and it was only us three alone.
"Are we ready?" Wednesday said taking her keys out while I waited for her with Benny.
"Yeah, let's go." I said quietly. It was still early, cloudy and humid, but the idea of visiting my mom's grave wasn't really a bright idea. As Wednesday locked the door me and Benny were already at the sidewalk. I felt his eyes on me as I looked at the pavement. He threw his arms over my shoulders and attacked me with kisses like the time back in the sandlot. I began giggling.
"Oh my gosh." I said trying to move him away.
"My turn!" Wednesday said walking to us. Benny stopped and I ran away. It became a habit to run away I guess.
Wednesday and Benny ran after me. I stopped running when two people came in sight. The first person I saw seemed familiar...Axel. When Wednesday caught up she looked at me and Benny.
"Let's go another way." She said as she started to walk opposite directions.
"Where are you guys headed too?" Axel said as he walked closer to us. He reminded me of Jaxon back when we didn't get along well.
"My mothers grave." I said with frustration.
"Ah, and who's this?" He said pointing at Benny while looking at him up and down.
"Benny, my boyfriend." I said squinting my eyes at Axel. He scoffed and looked at his friend then back at me.
"Now if you excuse me, I have somewhere to be." I squeezed myself in between the two boys. Wednesday was hiding behind a car which I tried not to laugh at. She snuck behind me once we walked away from the two boys.
"Wow, that's not the Amelia I remember." She said walking next to me. Benny was quiet the whole time, as he should.
"Believe me, I'm used to it." He finally said. I looked at him with a smirk while staring at him. Wednesday waved her hand in front of me.
"Hello? Earth to Amelia?"
"Huh?" I began to blush cause she caught me staring at Benny.
"Gosh, you are so in love." She chuckled.
I rolled my eyes and we kept walking.

While holding a small conversation, Wednesday stopped in the entrance of the graveyard.
"This is it." She sighed looking around at the trees.
"This is creepy." I said with a unsure tone. If it was sunnier today that would be great.
I took the first step inside. It was silent and lonely.
Benny locked his hands with mine. Wednesday followed us. We passed by so many graves, some of the people who died 80 years ago and some who died recently. What really broke my heart was seeing the pictures of kids on their graves.

Crack...

Me and Benny turned around immediately to the sound of a branch cracking, luckily it was Wednesday.
Nervously chuckling she responded, "Whoops." I let out a heavy sigh and continued to look for my mom's grave.

Finally when I found it I sat on the grass. Benny sat next to me quietly.
"This is weird." He said looking at the graves next to us.
I smiled.
"It's fine, you'll get used to it the longer you sit here." I sat in a criss cross position. I stared at the picture of my mom.
"I'm going to walk around, these graves are interesting." Wednesday said walking away.
"That's not usual." Benny whispered making me laugh.
"Like I said, she's different." I pushed him lightly. The giggling faded after a few seconds. The thought of Benny being this close to my mom was just... I don't know how to put it into words, but it's almost like that day when I first told him about her.
"She would've liked you a lot, my mom."-Me
"You think so?"-Benny
"Psh, of course, I just know it."-Me
I looked down at the grass as I felt Benny's eyes on me. Like he always does, he put the hair that was in my face to kiss my cheek. My stomach was filled with butterflies.
I heard noises in the bushes but I ignored it, it's probably a bunny.
"I don't deserve you." I say almost whispering.
"Hmm, I think you do." He teased.
I let out a laugh as I saw a white butterfly fly towards me. I stopped laughing realizing that the butterfly was standing on my knee.
"Oh my god, it's beautiful." I say trying to stay still.
"Amelia...supposedly when a white butterfly is literally this close it means that a dead relative is looking up at you. You never knew this?" The excitement in Benny's voice showed how important this was.
"No? I never knew that? Who do you think it is?" Stupidly I say.
"Umm, it's definitely your mom." He says a bit nervously.
"I- You think?" I said shakily.
"It's totally her." He says back.
"Hey," Wednesday said walking to us. The butterfly then flew away.
"I was thinking if we can bring flowers for your mom." She said standing next to me.
"Yeah sure." I stood up looking at the butterfly fly away. Wednesday was already leaving.
"That was so cool." I tell Benny walking behind Wednesday as we were holding hands.
"You'll never forget that huh." He says back.
"Nope."

After going to the store then coming back to the graveyard, I walked to my mom's grave, I remembered the exact path to it. Earlier we saw Axel walking with his friend to his house, luckily he ignored us. When it was at sight, there was the word "Whore" spray painted across.
"Axel." Wednesday said dropping the flowers and began to ran back to his house. No wonder I heard noises in the bushes earlier, it was him. I picked up the flowers and carefully set them in my mom's grave while studying the spray paint. I stood still staring at it, I tried to remove the paint but I couldn't.
"Amelia..." Benny says taking my hand. I let go and ran with Wednesday
"No-" He said trying to stop me.

My eyes began to water, not because I was sad, but because I was pissed off. The run felt short. When I got to Axels house, Wednesday was arguing with him. He was smiling foolishly making me want to beat him. Benny caught up behind me. He saw how mad I was, so he backed away. I couldn't care less about what they talked about, I grabbed a rock that was in front of me and threw it to him. Without a word Wednesday joined. Axels face was bleeding everywhere, especially from his nose. Benny took my hand taking me inside the house that was just across from Axels.

••••
Sorry I haven't been active this weekend I was focusing on my script for shifting. I plan on shifting Tuesday night cause on Wednesday I don't have school so I don't have to worry about waking up early. BUT I CAME UP WITH A GREAT IDEA FOR THE LAST CHAPTERS. HINT: DUCKS!
Byeee:)
-Alice🧝🏻‍♀️