LOVE BIRDS

1 week later....
AMELIA
It's been 2 weeks sense I started going to the sandlot. My friendship with Benny is getting bigger and bigger. I think I took him out of his comfort zone, he still try's not to interfere with me a lot cause of Jaxon. I have something to confess though, I catch feelings really fast, so the bond I've been forming with Benny these past weeks has been making me fall for him even more. Jaxons mom, Andrea, and Connor, my dad, have been getting into arguments a lot which lead Connor to drink. I will never call him my dad seriously, ever, he's never even been there for me.

I was making my way to the sandlot when I heard a group of boys talking. I looked up and there the sandlot boys stood outside of Vincent's Drug Store.
"Wait let me get some M & M's, be right back." Bertram went back inside the store as I walked over to them.
"Oh, come on, we have to lea-" Benny was just talking to Bertram when I cut him off.
"Hey boys." I said.
"Amelia!" They said turning to me excitedly. I gave them a smile.
"What are you guys doing?" I looked inside the store as we waited for Bertram.
"We just came to pick up a baseball." Benny stared at my eyes. When he finished talking we looked at each other without saying a word. I nodded.
"Ok, let's go." Bertram came outside which made me and Benny's eyes separate.
"Oh, hey Amelia." Bertram waved at me.
"Hi." I waved back.

All 10 of us walked to the sandlot in a big group. Me, Benny and Bertram in front, Kenny and Ham behind us, Yeah Yeah and Squints behind them, at the end Smalls, and Timmy and Tommy.
"No, Jackie Robinson is better." Me and Benny talked about who of our favorite players is better either The Babe or Jackie Robinson
"Umm, I think Babe Ruth."-Benny
"Jackie is a good role model though."
"Nah, Babe Ruth is superior."
"Whatever, agree to disagree." I chuckled. Our hands kept touching lightly. I didn't mind, I don't think he did either.
"Yeah, well-" Benny stopped talking to look at Bertram. I did the same.
Bertram chewed loudly on his chocolate. Me and Benny exchanged looks trying not to laugh.
"Oh, shit. Did you eat man?" I said with a weird look on my face.
"Huh? Oh I did. Why?" Bertram looked at me and Benny.
"Your chewing hella lou-" I was finishing my sentence when Ham behind us interrupted.
"Oh no! Philips!" Ham exclaimed. I looked ahead from me. Jaxon stood a few feet away from us with his friends. All the boys looked at me. I turned to face them.
"What? Let's just keep walking." I said shaking my head.
"Whatever you say." Kenny said.
"I don't think this is a good idea." Benny took my hand. His warm hand swallowed my small cold hand. Oh, the tension.
"He can get mad at me for being with you or the opposite." Benny had a worried look on his face. Still holding my hand.
"He doesn't care about me, Benny. Why would he care if I'm with you." I looked up to him. The rest of the boys looked scared.
"Come on, stop being pussys." I chuckled.
"Hey! We're not pussys." I heard Squints yell. Which brought Jaxons attention to us. We elbowed Squints.
"Great, now he heard you." Ham pushed him lightly. Jaxon and his friends walked over to where we were standing.
"Hey gir- Amelia? What at you doing with them?" Jaxon started to heat up. He took my arm aggressively and pulled me with him.
"Let go of me!" I tried my best to take his hand off my arm. He was squeezing on it too hard.
"Ouch! Stop it!" I said pulling myself away.
"You're staying with me!" Jaxon pulled me even more. The boys came running to me helping me to remove Jaxons hand. Benny stood back with Kenny and Bertram. Jaxon finally let go when Squints started kicking him.
"What do you want Philips." I heard Benny yell behind me. I turned back to where I was standing before, in the front next to Benny. My hand was purple of how hard Jaxon was squeezing it.
"What do you want with my sister, Rodriguez." Jaxon got a hold of a bat that one of his friends was holding as if he was getting ready to strike at Benny. I took the bat that Benny had in his hands and made my way face to face with Jaxon.
"Woah, woah, Amelia come back." Benny tried to hold me back but I didn't listen. I located the bat on my shoulder. He started breathing heavily.
"I'll hit you if I have to." I said keeping eye contact with him.
"I'm telling my dad." That's all he said before walking away.
"Pussy!" I yelled behind his back.
"Crack head!" He turned then turned back away. It didn't offend me. I just laughed.
"Come on." I chuckled and the boys did the same.

We entered the sandlot. I got ready to warm up with Benny. I played a little of every position. Today I was going to pitch. I stood in the pitchers mound, Benny was catcher. The rest of boys were in the outfield playing catch. I put my hair behind my ears.
"I should've brought a hair tie."
I stood still getting ready to throw the ball to Benny. I lifted my left leg and threw the ball as hard as I could. At a blink of an eye, the ball was already in Benny's glove, unfortunately the glove was right in front of his eye, so when I threw the ball it was too aggressive that it hurt his eye.

BENNY
"Woah!" I jumped up instantly ignoring that the ball hit my eye. I was impressed of how hard she can throw.
"Oh my god, Benny I'm so sorry." Amelia ran up to me. She looked straight at me. Her blue eyes sparkling. I smirked.
"Oh, shit." She put her hand lightly on the side of my face. I felt my heartbeat on my eye. It hurt pretty bad. Her thumb rubbing my temple. We both smiled.
"That was pretty good." I mumbled.
"But the aftermath wasn't." She chuckled.
"Hey love birds! Cut it out! Let's play ball!" Ham yelled as he walked to us.

•••••
This is like really short lol. But yeah that's it. Byeee:)
-Alice💋