FAMILY

AMELIA
"Ugh...It's Saturday."
What was I supposed to do on Saturdays? We didn't go to the sandlot during the weekend, Andrea isnt here, and there isn't a party today.
Benny couldn't stay over last night cause according to him his mom will kill him. So it's now only me. I got up, got dressed, brushed my teeth and sat in my bed staring at the items in my room, trying to come up with something to do. It's been a month sense I moved here, I didn't expect to like it here so much. I woke up pretty late, at around 12 pm, and I'm still a bit tired. Baseball has worn me out so much, but if I didn't play I'll never meet Benny, who is now my boyfriend.

I walked out of the bathroom. The tv was on, I haven't walked downstairs yet.
"What the actual hell." I thought I was the only one here. I walked down the stairs carefully, not to mention that I get scared easily, my heart started beating fast. As I got closer I smelled a familiar sent of cologne. No one was sitting on the couch, the tv was just on. I walked over to the controller and turned the tv off.
"BOO!" Benny went behind me and pushed my shoulders.
I let out a scream.
"Ugh! Benny!" I pushed his elbow lightly.
He started laughing. My heart was still beating really fast.
"Save that for Halloween." I rolled my eyes and went back to my room.
"Oh come on, don't get mad." He followed me upstairs. I chuckled. "How long were you here anyway?"-Me
"I've been waiting for you to wake up sense like 10."-Benny
"Jeez."-Me
Sitting back in my bed I watched him walk inside and sit next to me.
"You know what we could do today?" He said smirking.
"What? Why are you smiling?" I started to get nervous, he was definitely up to something.
"You haven't met my family." He stood up taking my wrist.
"No." I chuckled.
"What? I talk about you a lot." He pulled my hand making me stand up.
"Right now?" I looked at the clock next to my bed.
"Well, you haven't ate yet."
I paused.
"Um, I'm not hungry. I'll get ready."
I was walking to my door when Benny stopped me.
"Amelia." I turned around trying to avoid eye contact with him.
"I know what's up." He walked closer to me.
"I brushed my teeth already."-Me
"Before breakfast?" He knew I was lying.
"Um, yeah? Doesn't anybody?" I was about to opened my door when Benny started talking.
"I know you're not eating."-Benny
I ignored him and opened my door, I felt Benny take my hand, leading me to the kitchen.
"Do you know how to cook?" Benny said as he stopped in the entrance of the kitchen.
"No." I looked at the ground, in reality I did know how to cook.
He put his finger on my chin to make eye contact with him.
"Please eat. I hate seeing you like this."-Benny
I had to agree with him, I looked absolutely horrible. This was a really hard decision to make, it can bring many benefits though.
"Fine, let's start small first."
His face lit up and he pecked my lips. I didn't really know what I wanted to eat.
"Hmm." I opened the cabinets looking for snacks.
I came across this one cabinet filled with pills. I thought it was medicine until I saw my name in two of the bottles.
"That's medicine." Benny chuckled and walked behind me as I got a hold of the bottles.
"They say my name?"
"What is it?"
"Antidepressants and...birth control!?" I looked at Benny.
"Im still young." I stared at the bottles.
"They're trying to kill you." He mumbled.
"Don't say that." I stuffed the bottles in the pockets of my shorts.
"What are you doing?"-Benny
"I'm going to hide them of course"-Me
"Don't you think your parents will get mad?" He seemed a bit slow.
"I don't know." I rolled my eyes taking a few M and Ms with nuts that I found laying around.
"My mom used to take antidepressants, she got really bad."-Benny
"That's exactly why I'm hiding them, so I won't have to take them." I chewed slowly on the candy.
Benny saw how disgusted I looked he took some himself.
"Cheers." He smirked waiting for me to connect my M and M with his.
"Cheers." I chuckled.
••••
I finished my candy and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth again. Sense I was meeting Benny's family I changed my outfit to something nicer. I was wearing a oversized shirt and shorts like always but now I decided to wear a black v neck long sleeve shirt and light washed shorts with my black converse. Benny was waiting for me downstairs. Before leaving my room I put the pills on my desk.
"Ok, I'm finished." I ran downstairs.
"This is unusual." He looked at me up and down, smirking.
"Whatever, let's go." I chuckled and took his hand.
We got to the entrance of his house and I squeezed his hand harder.
"It'll be fine, don't worry." He whispered, letting go of my hand and putting his arms over my shoulders. He opened the door, luckily no one was in sight, until his mom came out of the hallway.
"Oh gosh..."
"Are you Amelia?" She walked to me.
"Yeah, I'm Amelia." I stretched my hand so she can shake it. Instead she gave me a hug, of course I hugged back.
"I'm Valeria." She smiled at me.