Chapter 12

Yeji

I glance over to the other side of the stage where Mr. Park is standing for like the millionth time tonight. His usual suit and tie have been replaced with a leather jacket and a black sweater that lifts up to reveal his toned stomach whenever he reaches to adjust Haein on his shoulders. 

**A/N - this is what he is wearing

How am I supposed to not stare??

I focus on the performance again. The dancers are actually really good, covering a bunch of different groups. They look like they are having so much fun. It makes me want to practice dancing more.

Several songs later, I allow myself to look up at Mr. Park again. My jaw drops a little when I see him holding a sleeping Haein in his arms, rocking him slightly. 

"Ah, it looks like Haein is tired. I should take him home," I tell the girls and Taehyung who are all absorbed in the performance.

"Okay! Thanks for coming out. It was fun!" Haewon says, not even looking away from the dancers for a second.

I make my way through the crowd towards Mr. Park and he notices me when I'm a few feet away. He flashes me a small smile.

"I don't mind holding him. Go back and enjoy the rest of the performance," he tells me once I'm next to him.

"No, it's fine. I should take him home," I say, holding out my arms to take Haein from him.

"Oh. Then let me drive you. My car is only a couple blocks away," he offers.

"No, it's fine. You don't have to do that," I quickly refuse, not wanting to impose even more than I already have.

"Yeji, it's late. I'm not super comfortable with a teenage girl taking the bus in the middle of the night with a sleeping toddler," her says more sternly.

"Ah, okay. Then sure, thank you," I say shyly.

He seems relieved by my answer and turns to walk towards the main streets. I follow quietly behind him.

"I think he's starting to like you more than he likes me," I joke, wanting to break the silence.

"I doubt it. He was talking about you all night," Mr. Park chuckles.

"W-what? What was he saying?" I ask, suddenly nervous that my brother said embarrassing things.

"Just things like... how he loves when you take him places, but he knows that you are busy. He talked about his favorite memories like busking, arcades, restaurants, shopping malls, things like that," he says after thinking for a second.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I hope he wasn't annoying. Were you still able to enjoy the performance?" I feel a little guilty.

"You shouldn't apologize so much for him. I wouldn't offer to take care of him if I didn't like spending time with him," he says softly.