Chapter 27

Jimin

"Hyung, you don't have to help out. You're a guest too," I tell Hoseok for the hundredth time as he continues to help clean my apartment and put up decorations.

Even though he said I had enough decorations yesterday, he still brought more over. My place looks like it's decorated for a 7 year old's birthday. Kind of ironic since Jin is the oldest.

"Guests can help too," he says back.

"Yeah then why isn't Yoongi-hyung helping?" I ask, turning to look at the other boy who is napping on the couch.

Or at least I thought he was sleeping before he mumbles, "Don't bring me into this."

"Just let me help Jimin-ah. They are coming in like two hours and we still have decorations to put up and food to finish preparing," Hoseok says.

"Fine, but after you finish hanging up the streamers, take a break, okay? I can do the lights after the food," I compromise.

"Sure," he laughs before waving me off to go back to the kitchen.

The seaweed soup is basically done, just boiling on the stove for a little longer, so I work on some other dishes.

"What do you want help with?" I hear Yoongi ask as he walks in behind me.

"Did Hoseok-hyung make you come in here?" I ask.

"No. I just want to help so that the food is actually edible later. I have to eat it too after all," he teases.

Honestly, I'm relieved. After Jin, Yoongi is the next best in the kitchen. It's stressful to make food for a professional cook. He'd probably rather just make everything himself, but I like doing it for him and his birthday is the only time he lets us.

With Yoongi's help, the food is done quicker than expected. I head back to the living room to deal with the lights while Yoongi sets everything nicely on the table. Hoseok looks up from the couch when I enter.

"Jimin-ah, you wanna know something interesting?" he asks.

"What?"

"I'm going through your phone and noticed that you never invited Yeji," he says simply.

As soon as his words register in my mind, I scramble forward and grab my phone from his hands.

"Did you go through our texts? What all did you see?" I question.

"Jeez, I only saw the last few messages where she was thanking you for hanging out," Hoseok says, holding his hands up innocently.

I let out a relieved sigh. It wouldn't take too much scrolling to realize that she is a student.

"Damn, why are you so nervous though? Did you send her nudes or something??" he smirks.

"I just don't want you going through my stuff," I roll my eyes.

"Okay fair enough... But who's Haein? Does she have a kid?" he asks, a look of curiosity on his face.

"No, he's her younger brother. She takes care of him. He's why we were at the park," I tell him. It's kind of nice to tell the truth about her for once.

"You guys sound like a cute little family," Hoseok grins.

"Shut up," I scoff. Why can't he just leave me alone about her?

"I will shut up after you call her and invite her like you promised," Hoseok says stubbornly.

"Come on man, I see enough of her at work. And I already spent more time with her yesterday. Can't I get a break from her? I just want to hang out with my friends," I sigh, trying to sound convincing. But Hoseok sees right through my act.