27.0

"I just want to be with you"

Delilah

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Girlfriend? I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that. I've never done that before or even ever been romantically involved with someone.

I want to be with him, I do, but I don't know how. I like him a lot, and I mean a lot. But what if I say yes and he then he doesn't want to be with me anymore because I'm bad at it.

I look at him and he's looking back at me, waiting for an answer. I feel bad for making him stand there and wait for an answer.

"Bryan, I wanna be with you I really do, but what if I'm bad at it?"

"Hey" He takes both of my hands in his again. "I know you've never done it before, and I'll help you. I promise you that you won't be bad at it"

Maybe I could do it. It doesn't seem that hard but at the same time I've never committed to something that big before, and I was on an international surfing team before.

"I won't rush you into anything, I just want to be with you"

I knew that I wanted to be with Bryan after we kissed the first time in Vegas, but I never thought that he actually wanted to be with me too. And I didn't want to lead him on.

Being with Bryan would make me happy and maybe I needed something happy that was consistent in my life. And for one time I could win a title that I didn't have to compete for.

I know my answer now.

"Okay," I smile. "I'd love to"

"Really?" He questions as his face lights up, a big smile on his face and he can't believe my answer.

"Really," I say and in half a second his lips are pressed against mine. His arms wrap around my waist lifting me up and spinning me around, making me laugh into the kiss.

"I can't believe Delilah Summers is my girlfriend," He says after he puts me down. I can't help the huge smile on my face at his excitement, why does he have to be so cute. "Your famous"

"So are you"

"Yeah but more people know who you are"

"You'd be surprised"

______________

"So this is where you live?" Bryan says as he walks in behind me into my small apartment.

"Yeah, it's not much but it works for me I guess," I say and he looks around.

"Is that your neighbors?" He asks pointing to the ceiling where you can hear the faint noise of music and some stomping.

"Yup" I roll my eyes. "They like to party a lot, can't say I blame them" I joke.

"You party?" He asks amused.

"You were at Theo's party with me"

"If you think that's partying you haven't been to Jersey on New Years, or Atlantic City"

"I can party Bryan, when I want to"

"Wanna show me then," He asks moving towards me with a small smirk on his face.

He puts his hands on both sides of me, trapping me between him and the counter. He slowly leans down, torturing me with how slow he's going making me anxious.

His lips finally meet mine and move slowly, leaning closer to me and putting one of his hands on my waist. I put one hand on the back of his head and the other rests on his chest.

It's slow but slowly moves faster and then we find ourselves making out, pulling each other closer. His hands travel down my waist and to the back of my thigh, lifting me up and onto the counter without disconnecting our lips.

His hands move to my lower back and I can feel it moving down to my bottom. I pull away from the kiss and Bryan looks at me in concern.

"What's wrong"

"It's just..." I start to lookup meeting his eyes. "I feel like if we keep going it could lead to something more. I just want to make sure that I'm ready for that" I explain

"Hey" he pulls my chin up to look at him. "I would never make you do something your not sure about. And I don't want you to agree to it until your ready either. It's okay, I understand" He says.

"Thank you," I say and hug him, still placed on the counter. He hugs me back, playing with my hair.

He kissed my forehead and then my cheek in response, then helps me off the counter. "You tired?" He asks when he sees me yawn.

"Come on, let's get you to bed

_____________

I woke up to the sun coming through the curtains in my room. I groan and roll over, realizing that there is a body next to me. Bryan.

I look at him for a second, shirtless, and his arm under the pillow his head is resting on. He looks so peaceful sleeping so I try not to wake him up as I get out of my bed.

I grab my phone and tiptoe to the bathroom, seeing that it's 8:30. I don't usually sleep that late because I usually get to the beach at six and get to Dream by 9.

Stripping out of my shorts and sweatshirt I turn the shower on and get in the warm water. My muscles relax and wash my hair of the saltwater from yesterday in it.

I do everything I need to and get dressed in jeans and a white tank top with a pink cardigan. I leave my hair down in its wet form and then go back into my room, seeing Bryan laying the bed on his phone.

"Morning" I smile at him and he looks up at me.

"Good morning baby," He says in his raspy morning voice. Oh lord, kill me now.

I go to lay down next to him but he pulls me on top of him. He smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"You look beautiful, as always"

"Thanks," I say and kiss his cheek. "You should probably get up so we can make it to Dream before 10 at least"

He gets up out of the bed and I tell him where everything is in the bathroom.

While he's doing that I try and clean up around my apartment, putting things away and fixing things. Sometimes I get OCD about stuff but it's not that bad, I just like to be neat.

"Lila?" I hear Bryan from my room.

"Yeah?" I say back.

"What's this?" He asks holding up my notebook with several drawings of surfboard designs and just designs of things.

"Oh uh," I feel my cheeks heat up a little. "It's just something I do when I can't sleep"

"It's really good," he says flipping through it.

"It's nothing really, I've done it since I was a kid" I shrug not really thinking much of it.

It really doesn't mean anything to me, I just like drawing and designing surfboards and skateboards, sometimes interior design things.

"I'm serious Lila, this is like really good" Our eyes meet and I shake my head.

"Even if it was it's really just nothing," I say and he gives me a blank look before setting it down on the counter.

"You're still good at it"

"Thank you. But I'm already late so let's go"