18.0

"But I just wanted to get a better look at your beautiful face"

Delilah

"Good morning Zach" I smile happily as I go into his office.

Why was I in such a good mood you ask? Well maybe because I won yesterday and everything right now is going as planned, well... not everything I guess but it is great.

"Morning, international sensation," Zach says with a small smile. "I saw you on the sports news this morning"

"Oh yeah, I guess I'm not low key anymore"

"I didn't know you were that huge in surfing, I don't watch it but I've seen it all over Twitter" He explains.

"I know, I'm not gonna let it faze me though. I plan on just focusing on my job and training"

"Well good," He says shutting his laptop. "Alright today I don't have much for you to do except go pick up groceries and organize zoom meetings"

"Okay, I can go now if you want"

"That fine," He says and I start to walk out of the room. "Lila, take Bryan but don't be late because your making out in your backseat"

I shake my head and laugh, heat rising on my cheeks as I walk out of the room. How did he even know we had something, whatever it is, we only kissed twice and neither were in front of anyone we knew.

I made my way up to Bryan's room to ask him to go to the store with me. I knocked on his door and opened it when I heard him say come in.

When I opened the door he looked at me and smiled, which made my heart skip a beat. He's so attractive and he doesn't even have to try, it's not fair.

"Hey"

"Hey, I'm going to pick up groceries, wanna come?" I sit next to him on his bed.

"Sure, I've just got to change," He says and stands up grabbing another shirt, stripping his other one off leaving his top half exposed. I looked away trying to be respectful but blushed again as I felt his eyes on me.

"You don't have to look away, you've seen me shirtless before," He said and I remembered the beach party that Theo threw for me. That was a good night.

"Oh, sorry"

"Your cute" He chuckles. "You have no idea" He finishes putting his shirt on and is now standing in front of me holding his hand out. I put my hand in his and he pulls me to my feet.

When I go to exit his room he pulls me back to him and into his chest. His hand comes up and cups the side of my face, his blue eyes fixed deep into mine. He knows this kind of eye contact feels weird to me, he's doing it on purpose.

"Your doing that on purpose," I say quietly.

"Your right, but I just wanted to get a better look at your beautiful face" He did that on purpose to and the little smirk on his face gives him away.

"You did that on purpose too"

"Maybe, but it's true," He says. I roll my eyes playfully and kiss his cheek before pulling away.

When we get to my car I pull out my keys and unlock it.

"Your not gonna ask me if I want to drive?" He asks and I stare at him then burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"Bryan, this Jeep is my first love, I only have 15,000 miles on it and it's never needed repairs. I've never been in a single accident. And I've been in the car with you before"

"Hey, my driving isn't that bad"

"Sorry, can't take any risks," I say getting into the front seat.

"I'm in competition with a car," he says lowly but I can still hear him.

When we get to the store we goof off a lot but still pick up the things we needed to get. We paid for everything and then left, putting everything in the car.

"So when do I get to see your apartment?"

"I don't know, it's just a small one-bedroom apartment, it's not much. Some of the people there are shady and I think my neighbor does heavy drugs"

"Why do you live there then? Why don't you live with Theo?"

"Well, I've always basically lived alone so it's all I'm used to. And Theo has a job and a life outside of training me, I don't think it would be right that we spend more time together than we already do"

____________

"Lila!" Chris says while running to the couch and landing next to me with a thump. "I feel like we haven't talked in a while"

"I saw your yesterday, and the day before that"

"Yeah, but we haven't talked," He says.

"You mean we haven't talked about Bryan and me," I say, he always wants to talk about that.

"Exactly, see we get each other that why you're my bestie," He says and I roll my eyes with a laugh. "So let's start with that date you guys went on the other night"

"It wasn't a da-"

"Yeah, yeah, it wasn't a date whatever. What happened though?"

"We just talked"

"And kissed?"

"And kissed"

"I knew it, any other kissing going on other than those two times?" He asks.

"Hey, guys! Not without me!" Tyler says and rushes over here once he figures out what we're talking about.

"So you kissed twice hung out like four times, what does that mean you guys are," Chris asks.

"Are you guys a thing?" Tyler asks.

"I don't know what we are guys, I'm not going to rush things. I like how we are now, taking things slow"

"So you'd be open to being in a relationship with him in a say... a few weeks?" Tyler asks.

"Of course I'd be open to having a relationship with him but as I said, I'm taking things slow," I say.

"Lila, there's a big tattooed guy at the door, he says he's looking for you," Mell tells me. I wonder who it is? I don't know any huge tattooed guys.

"Okay?" I say uncertainty and follow her towards the door, opening it to see who it is.

"Hi, how can I help y- oh my god"