Sophie Burke's probably the most annoying sister — but I love her more than anything, and I'd do anything for her happiness. She's the only family I've gotten other than Aaron. The girl who was always there for me. 

"Ellie, we'll find her," Riley whispered softly, wrapping his other arm around me. I ran my hands through my drenched hair, holding myself together. If it wasn't because of his arm around me, I would've fallen onto the ground. 

I couldn't lose her. Sophie must be around here somewhere. She couldn't have gone missing. I needed her. 

"Where's she?" I muttered, almost inaudible as my breathing rate increased. Riley pulled me closer to his chest, and I knew he was trying his best to make me feel better. 

I screamed again, using everything I had inside me, "Sophie!" 

But the result was still disappointing as no one replied. I didn't know what I could do — I felt terribly guilty, and useless. What would Aaron say if he knew about this?

I was such a freaking bad sister. 

"Ellie, did you hear that?" Riley suddenly said, exclaiming, squeezing my arm. I looked up to him, and frowned in confusion. 

What was he talking about? 

I opened my mouth to say something — but he was already dragging me away from there. "This way," he muttered, leading the way. 

"Riley, where are we going?" I asked, sniffing my nose. I looked around us but there was still no sign of Sophie. "Riley..."

"Ellie, call for your sister again,"

"What?"

"Just do what I said!"

"Sophie!" I called her name again, like he asked me to do. I waited but there was still no sign of the girl. I almost gave up before something miracle happened. 

"Ellie!" I heard Sophie's voice, coming from somewhere. "Ellie, is that you?" the voice echoed again. 

A huge smile crossed my face instantly — she was here, Sophie's here! She's not missing. My little sister was still here. 

"Sophie, where are you? I'll come to you!" I shouted again, and cleared my throat. It was hurting because of all the shouting. "Sophie?"

"I'm here!"

"Where?" I asked, rubbing my eyes to get a better view. The rain didn't help at all. 

"She's over there," Riley said in a confident tone, pointing his finger. I flicked my eyes to him, and maybe it was true — blind people do have great hearing ability. I pulled his arm, and walked towards the direction he was pointing at. 

"Sophie? I'm coming for you," I called, looking around to find her. "Where are you?"

"In here!" I heard her voice again, and a sound of people knocking hard on a glass windowpane. I looked around for the source of the sound, and finally, I saw Sophie, standing in a pay phone booth  —  knocking hard on its glass.

Have you ever had the feeling of losing something so valuable, but eventually you found it again? Well, that's how exactly I was feeling at this time. Nothing could compare how happy I was to see her again  —  I thought I had lost her. 

"Sophie!" I exclaimed, and ran towards her, ignoring that I'd probably get a bad fever because of the rain. I opened the door hastily, and pulled her into a big hug immediately. "I thought I lost you. God, Sophie, you scared me to death."

She cried. "I'm sorry, Ellie. I waited for you but you never showed up. I came here to call Aaron because I thought you're busy or something. But then the pay phone is broken so I'm stuck in here," she explained, sighing. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make you worry about me."