Ch. 29) Je suis corrompu.

//Tw: Blood, major character death, description of the death, mention of knives. Let me know if I missed anything!

    "Virgil..." A voice was barely audible over the wind as he twirls around to find the source.

      When he finally sees the person speaking to him he freezes, his face paling considerably. "...no.."  

     Janus was standing in the place that Insanity normally would've been standing. His caplet blowing around him, his hat discarded somewhere. A small smile was on his face as he reaches out his gloved hand, his hair swirling around in the harsh wind. His eyes were a steady, pulsing orange with tinges of red and yellow. "Come with me..."

   Virgil shakes his head. "No, I-I can't. I'm not going back with you." He pulls his hands close to his chest, the fear and sadness clear in his eyes as he looks at Janus still.

   Janus nods, pulling his hand back. His eyes slowly fade back to how they normally would look, blood starting to drip out of his mouth. He puts a hand to his chest, blood seeping out from a wound. The smile stays on his face as he drops his hand to his side, tears streaming down his face. "Please, don't go with him." Janus swallows thickly, his body trembling. "Don't listen to him. Stay with the others. Virgil-" He gasps as Insanity grabs him from behind, pressing a knife to his throat, covering his mouth with his other hand. Janus tries to pry away his hand, fear clear in his tear stained eyes. 

   "I knew you were useless. You're pathetic, snake."  With that said, Insanity drags the knife across Janus' neck, letting go of him as he falls lifeless to the ground, blood starting to pool around him already. 

    Virgil lets out a blood curdling scream, backing up as he shakes violently. "Y-you killed him!! Ja-Janus!!" He runs over, dragging his lifeless body on his lap as he looks at him, tears falling down his face as he sobs. "No, no, no, no, no.." In that moment, Virgil didn't care that he was getting covered in blood. He didn't care that Insanity was watching him, a gleeful smile on his face, the knife dripping with Janus' blood. The wind felt like pins and needles against his skin as he slowly reaches a hand up, shutting Janus' eyes and pulling him closer to his chest, his body racking with sobs. A sharp pain in his head caused his vision to fade to black as he feels his body starting to weight more, as if he was being dragged down by chains.

   A startled gasp left his mouth as he shoots up out of bed, starting to fight against whatever was holding onto him. "NO!! Let go!! No!!" 

  "Hey, hey!! Calm down. Its me. Its just me, Virgil." Roman speaks softly as he looks at him in concern. "You were screaming in your sleep." 

  Virgil shakes his head before his eyes widen. "Janus!" 

 Roman raises an eyebrow. "Janus? Who's that? Virgil? Virgil!?" 

Virgil had fought his way out of Roman's arm, running off, panic clear in every part of his body and actions. "Janus!!!"