Chapter Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

Rag Doll nodded and activated her quirk, sighing in relief when it worked. "Thank you so much, Midoriya-kun!" she squealed as she hugged him weakly. A few tears made their way down her cheeks. "Really... thank you."

Izuku smiled. "You're welcome!"

(Time skip)

The next Saturday Izuku waved his brother goodbye with a smile. He and Todoroki were leaving to take the provisional license exam for the second time.

"M-make sure to smile, and be n-nice Kaachan!" Izuku yelled at his brother.

"Shut up Deku, I know!" Katsuki yelled.

Todoroki grabbed Katsuki by the arm and started to pull him forward. "Hurry up or we're going to be late. I can already see All Might waiting with the car," he said.

"Shut up Todoroki, I know damn it!" Izuku continued to smile and wave until the pair was gone. Then he walked to the school, intent on finding Aizawa.

(Time skip)

"So you want me to help you train to use Eri-chan's quirk?" Aizawa asked the green haired boy.

"Y-yes, please. You're really the o-only one I can ask to help," Izuku was terrified of having to ask the man to help him, but it was his only shot of getting Mirio back to normal. And felt as if he owed the older teen. 

"Fine, but it's gonna be hell," Aizawa warned.

"I k-know." Izuku tried and then failed to swallow his fear.

They decided the best idea would be to have Izuku attempt to use the quirk on himself. This was their plan. Izuku would cut himself and then try to rewind his body to back to just before the cut was made. If he started going any further than that, Aizawa would cancel the quirk.

It was not easy to do. The problem was that Eri hadn't been trained to use her quirk as it grew, and now Izuku was being forced to control it at a state where it was overflowing. It made Izuku feel like he was learning to control All for One again, only this time if he failed to control the quirk he could end up dead, along with others around him.

Aizawa decided to cut the training off when he received a text from All Might that said both examinees had passed.

"All right, that's enough. Head back to the dorms to celebrate with your brother, problem child," Aizawa said as he walked away. "I'm going to go home and take a nap with my daughter." Izuku smiled at the thought of Eri and Aizawa napping together. It was cute.

"See y-you tomorrow then S-sensei!" Izuku yelled as he ran back to the dorms. He had a brother to congratulate.

(Time skip)

"Congratulations on passing your exam!" yelled the students of class 1-A to their two classmates.

"Though you should have passed the first time," said Sero snickering. 

Katsuki started making explosions in his palms. "What'd you say Soy Sauce?"

"Whoa, calm down there Bakubro!"

"Don't call me that, fucking Kirishima!"

Izuku laughed. It was nice to see his brother enjoying himself. The green haired teen was sitting on the couch of the common room and eating a stick of dango that Sato had made for the occasion. 

"Mind if I join you?" asked Todoroki.

"O-oh, not at all!"

Todoroki sat down next to Izuku. "So, have you found someone to do your internship with now?" he asked. Izuku looked down. "Sorry, I didn't mean to..."