Chapter Twenty-Five

I am so sorry for the long wait guys! I cut a tendon in my hand in January and couldn't use it for two months which meant no typing on either my phone or computer, and then I got a job so my time has been sucked up. Again I apologize. But at least the chapter is out now right? Anyways on with the story!

Everyone in class 1-A held their breath in agony as they waited for Aizawa to tell them what the practical exams would hold for them. 

"For your final practical examination," Aizawa said. "You will be acting out actual rescues. However, you will do so one at a time. There will be no back up. Just you, your opponent, and the person you are required to save. You will be randomly assigned by drawing lots. There is no trading, and no complaining. What you get, is what you get. Otherwise you will fail right here and now, understand?"

The entire class nodded.

"Good. The rules are simple, save the target, defeat the villain, don't destroy anything. Rescue for this situation is defined as delivering the target to a designated safe point. You will have two hours to complete the exam, it's not ideal, but it was the best we could do. H.U.C. has graciously allowed us the use of their services for this test, so they will be the people you are rescuing. As you'll be taking the exam one at a time, the tests have be split to cover the whole week. If it is not your assigned test time, great, stay home and rest. Or you can choose to watch everyone else's exams, but it likely won't help you much. With that said come up and draw your scenario. Aoyama."

Aoyama walked up to Aizawa who was holding out a black bag. After reaching in and moving his fingers a bit the blonde teen drew out a slip of paper with a number on it. 

"The numbers tell you what time you'll go, so look at the board and remember it," Aizawa said.

Izuku looked up at the board to see a spread sheet with times and dates on it. 

"Ashido."

Each student one by one went to draw their assigned scenario. 

"Midoriya." Izuku walked to the front of the room with beads of sweat rolling down his face. He grabbed a piece of paper, pulled it out, opened it, and read, 13. He had a very bad feeling.

Katsuki, to his luck, had drawn the first exam slot. He would have to be at the testing center in only three hours, and he wouldn't find out his opponent or situation until then. Izuku decided that he would watch his brother and cheer him on. 

"Yo, Mido-bro!" Kirishima yelled to the green haired boy during lunch. "What time slot did you get?"

"T-thirteen."

"Dang, isn't that number supposed to be bad luck or something?" Kaminari asked. Jiro promptly jabbed the boy in the head with her ear phone jacks.

"Idiot, don't say things like that," she said.

"Oh, sorry. But I'm sure it'll be fine. You're the strongest guy in class after all, probably even the whole school!"

Izuku laughed a little lightly, just because he was strong didn't mean he would pass. Honestly Izuku had a hard time believing in himself, and the recent nightmares certainly weren't helping. It was, in short, a disaster. But at least he wouldn't have to take the exam himself until the third day (four in total, five each per class).

"Man, you're so lucky Bakugou!" Kaminari whined. "I got the last spot. They're gonna grade me harder than everyone else!"

"Shut up, you idiot! No one's getting graded harder than anyone else! That would just be stupid!" Katsuki yelled before stomping off. "I'm going to get ready for my test!"