Chapter Twenty-two

This is the updated version of what Izuku looks like at this point in time. I didn't do the best drawing it, but I'm proud cause it was my first successful drawing of Izuku without a reference picture, even though his head is a bit flat on top. Oh well.

I also wanted to mention that Gentle Criminal is not in this story, sorry. He's a great character, but I felt like I didn't want him for this story.

Anyways, here's the chapter!

Izuku woke up in the hospital the next day. A freshly bandaged Eri and Mirio sat on his right side, while his family sat on his left. Mitsuki and Eri were holding his hands.

"H-hey," he said. "How long have I b-been out for?"

Katsuki was the one to reply, "Just a day, Deku. You weren't even comatose this time. Just severely wore out." Izuku relaxed.

"T-that's good," he said. "How's everyone else? What about Night Eye? His injuries were pretty bad, is he here?" 

Izuku didn't miss the look on Mirio's face. "T-togata-senpai? What's wrong?"

"Midoriya-kun..." Mirio's voice broke. He couldn't say anymore.

"Deku," Katsuki said. "Night Eye didn't make it, he died yesterday. Here in the hospital." 

Izuku froze. "Y-you're joking right? Please t-tell me this is some r-really cruel joke."

"It's not, Problem Child," Izuku turned and realized that Aizawa and All Might had been standing by the door. "Chisaki's dead too."

"Oi, Aizawa!" All Might said, putting a hand on his fellow teacher's shoulder.

Aizawa removed the hand. "He needs to know, All Might."

"H-he's dead? But I didn't...?"

"It wasn't you, Young Midoriya," All Might reassured him. Izuku relaxed a little, just a little.

"Then who...?"

Aizawa looked him straight in the eye. "The League. They killed a pro and four officers. Then they killed Chisaki and made off with whatever was in the little case he had on him."

Izuku froze again. "No," he muttered. 

Aizawa turned his head. "What's the problem?"

"T-that case, it had the completed d-drug in it," Izuku stammered. "That means the L-league can figure out how it was m-made, and reproduce it!"

Everyone else in the room froze, except for Eri who was asleep. 

"I'm going to go tell Tsukauchi," All Might said. "Get some rest Young Midoriya." With that the skeletal man was gone.

"I'm going to go grab a doctor," Masaru said. "And some food as well, what would you guys like?"

"Just coffee for me," Aizawa said. No surprise there.

"Fried rice," said Katsuki.

"Ramen for me, please!" Mirio said.

"Katsudon." (You all know who said that.)

"I'm in the mood for something sweet," said Mitsuki. "Dango should do it. Get some for Eri-chan, too please. The poor little thing is probably starving." Masaru nodded and walked out the door.

Izuku turned his attention to Eri when her name was mentioned. "H-hey, her horn shrunk!" he said. "I can't e-even tell it's there anymore! T-that means her quirk shouldn't go o-out of control again anytime s-soon, right?" The occupants turned to Izuku.