Chapter Eleven

It was now day three of the internships and Izuku found himself being flung into a wall by Gran Torino's kick. "Gagh!" 

"Hmm. We should switch up the training," Gran Torino said coming to a stop on the floor. If you get too used to fighting against my distinct style you might develop some weird habits."

Izuku fought not to yell, and lost. "W-what habits! I'm just t-trying to keep up with y-you right now! Please let m-me fight more."

"No, we're done here. Change into your costume, boy. We're moving onto Phase Two," Gran Torino said with a smirk.

"Huh?"

As soon as Izuku had his costume on they were out the door.

"I hope you're ready, cause we're going out to fight some villains," Gran Torino lifted his cane in the air as he spoke.

"Huh?! W-what, just like t-that?" Izuku yelled.

"If you only fight against me, you'll be in trouble when you come across someone who's the complete opposite. The key is to let you get experience with different types of villains and situations. This is an internship after all. You really shouldn't be that surprised by this."

"I-i get what you're s-saying, and I t-totally agree, but I s-still think I need more t-time to prepare myself."

"From what I hear you've already been in contact with some real villains," when Gran Torino said that Izuku gulped. He couldn't help but think about how he'd cut off Shigaraki's hand. Honestly he was surprised the villain hadn't come after him yet, though then again he was healing from losing a limb. 

"You'll be just fine. We aren't gonna go after anyone that big." Gran Torino put his hand out for a taxi. "And it won't do us any good hanging around here. Because of the small population of this area the crime rate is pretty low. That's why there are so many hero agencies in urban areas, there's a lot more crime there. The higher the population density the more trouble there is. Now in Shibuya there'll be plenty of small fights to break up, I guarantee."

"W-wait you mean we're g-going to Shibuya in Tokyo? I-i'm not sure my c-costume is hip e-enough."

"That costume costume of yours tells everyone you're a hero. You should be happy you get to display it in such a bright spotlight."

"Uh... H-hold on. Are we gonna b-be taking the bullet t-train toward Shinjuku?

"Yup."

'We'll pass by Hosu. I wonder how Iida is doing there. I'll have to message him later.'

(Time skip to the Nomu's attack on the bullet train.)

 "So uh, t-this train isn't going to a-arrive until pretty late. Are y-you sure that's o-okay?" Izuku asked Gran Torino.

"That's why I picked it. There'll be more skirmishes then so it'll be more fun!" Gran Torino said.

"I-i think we have different i-ideas about what f-fun is." Izuku pulled out his phone and texted Iida. 

"You kids these days, you're constantly buried in your cell phones."

'He read the message, but he didn't reply. I don't think Iida has ever waited more than three minutes before replying. We're almost at Hosu station,' Izuku thought.

"Hey, did you see that?" a passenger asked. "A building exploded."

"What where?" asked a female passenger.

Gran Torino leaned into the aisle and turned around. "What's the ruckus?"

"S-some kind of fire?" offered Izuku.