Chapter Four

Izuku looked at the costume he held in his hands. It made the past few months few real, as if he could really become a hero. No, that he will become a hero. After slipping on his green jumpsuit and pulling up the hood, placing the mask over his eyes, Izuku placed his mouth guard around his neck. Then he grabbed his shoes. Izuku had requested that his shoes have little compartments for a knife and lock picking tools, because you never know what situation you'll end up in as a hero. He checked the soles and there they were, a small blade no bigger than two fingers, and the lock picking tools. He was glad those had been approved.

Once his shoes were on Izuku strapped his utility belt around his waist. It had three pouches. Two for any hero tools he might accumulate along the way, and the last for a selection of blades in case he was unable to use Blood Blade.

After the belt came the arm braces and gloves. Izuku had figured that with the strain One for All put on his body it would be better safe than sorry when it came to the braces. Even though they weren't the most comfortable thing in the world, they should allow Izuku to maintain his structural integrity at least a little bit while he learned to control One for All. His gloves were special because they had holes over his palm, this way he could use his blood quirk without removing or ruining the gloves.

Finally Izuku was ready and he turned to his brother. Izuku noticed the grenade looking gauntlets on his brother's arms. "What are those for Kaachan?" he asked.

"Hmm? Oh they store my sweat so that I can let off a large blast without damaging my arms," Katsuki replied. "Plus they just look cool!"

Katsuki and Izuku walked out of the locker rooms together and headed for Battle Ground Betta, the whole class behind them.

"Yes, you all look like fine young heroes!" All Might said to his students as they entered the battle field.

"Sensei?" Iida raised his hand. "This battle ground, is it the same mock city from the entrance exam?"

"Indeed it is Young Iida, very perceptive," replied All Might. "Most of the time when heroes fight villains it happens outside, however statistically speaking most villains actually do their work indoors. As such you'll be split into teams of two and facing each other in two on two hero vs villain battles."

"But what about the foundational training?" asked Tsuyu Asui.

"This is the foundational training!" All Might said. "The difference this time is that you'll be facing fellow students rather than robots that you can simply destroy."

Momo Yaoyorozu raised her hand. "Then how will we determine the winners?"

"Can we just blow them away?" Bakugou asked.

"Are you going to expel us if we lose?" questioned Ochako.

"What would be the best way to split into groups?" Iida asked enthusiastically

All Might nearly cried with the stress. "I can't hear you if you all speak at once!" He pulled out a script to read from. "For this training the 'villain' group will have to guard a nuclear weapon they plan to deploy. They win by keeping it until time runs out, or capturing both heroes. Likewise the heroes job is to either capture the villains, or capture the weapon. Your teammates will be chosen at random by a lottery!"

"Is that really how we're going to do it?!" Iida asked unsure.

"It makes sense actually," said Izuku. "Heroes often have to team up with heroes from other agencies. You don't always know who you'll be paired with. This is probably testing the ability to work with others in that situation."

"I see, I apologize for not realizing such a thing sooner! As expected of a teacher of this glorious institution..." Iida was cut off by All Might before he could continue his rave.