Chapter Eight

"The second round is..." Midnight yelled. "A cavalry battle!"

"Cavalry?!" yelled out all 42 remaining students.

"You'll all split into teams of two to four students, in a cavalry position! (picture above)" Midnight explained. "You'll also have headbands with points! These points are coordinated with how you did in the obstacle race. And the top scorer has..." Midnight paused for dramatic effect. "10,000,000 points!"

Izuku could barely hear the rest of the explanation because he was too busy trying to ignore the stares of those around, like starving rabid wolves. Even Katsuki was among them. Once the explanation was over Izuku found himself instantly isolated. No one wanted to be on the team with the biggest liability.

"Deku-kun!" called out Ochako. "Be on my team!"

Izuku started to cry, practically flooding the stadium with his tears.

"A-are you sure?"

"Of course! If we run away the whole time, then we'll win, right?" Ochako said, obviously pumped up.

"U-um, yeah, but I think y-you're overestimating me, U-uraraka-san," Izuku said, only a few tears now.

"If it's evasion you're worried about," said a voice behind Izuku. "Then my babies would be perfect!" The voice belonged to a girl with pink hair and red and gold goggles on her face.

"B-babies?" Izuku asked confused.

The girl lifted the goggles from her face. "I'm Mei Hatsume, from the Hero Support Course! My babies are my inventions!"

"Oh!" Ochako said.

"Here, try this out, it's a jet pack I made! And these are boots that can launch you into the air!" Hatsume handed Izuku the jet pack, and Ochako the boots. "They're great right? Aren't my babies just amazing?!"

"Y-yeah!" Izuku said. "Actually, with this, I t-think I have a plan! Now w-we just need one other p-person!" He looked around at the groups and noticed Tokoyami standing on his own.

"T-tokoyami-kun!" Izuku called out to the bird like boy. "Would y-you like to team up with u-us?!"

Izuku explained his plan to Tokoyami who then agreed to join the team.

"All right!" yelled Present Mic. "After fifteen minutes to choose, there are now twelve teams on the battle field!"

Izuku tied the headband around his head. "H-hatsume-chan. Uraraka-chan, Tokoyami-kun! I'm c-counting on you g-guys!"

"Right!"

"And, start!"

As soon as it started the groups of students made they're way towards Izuku's group. Without missing a beat Izuku set off the jet pack, sending them into the air, while Ochako used her quirk to keep them there.

"T-tokoyami-kun! Use your q-quirk to keep the others at b-bay!" Izuku yelled.

"Right!" Dark shadow was released and started lashing out at the students below.

Making sure he could see as many of the riders as possible Izuku activated his telekinesis, and used it to take the headbands off of six riders. Once they were in his hand he secured them around his neck, not even bothering to count the number he'd racked up.

"Hatsume-chan, U-uraraka-chan!" Izuku yelled. Both girls activated the boots on their feet to change their direction and the group landed away from the mass of students.

"All right!" yelled Ochako.

"Don't celebrate yet," said Tokoyami. "They're still going to come after us. We need to keep away from them."