Corpses

"Hey, Beetles!" A robot laughed, red eyes and sweater popping out from his silvery hair and gray skin and pants.

"Hi, RG!" The man laughed, running down the sidewalk towards the other. "Whatcha doing?"

"Waiting for Mumbot, we're gonna go make a new redstone machine today. We could use another person, it'll only take an hour..."

"Of course, but maybe in a bit! Me and-" The man was cut off when another figure came up behind him, swiftly scooping him up from under the armpits. "CLEO! LET ME DOWN!"

The taller figure blushed, closing her eyes and drawing the other closer. She swayed slowly, letting the shorter's legs dangle down. 

"CLEO!" the man kicked his legs, trying to drop out of his friends arms. "LET ME OUT!"

The woman let out a quiet giggle, letting it echo around the area. Her long red hair shined from under a thin halo as it wavered over her head slowly. She was over 9 feet tall, and the long pearl wings hanging from her back were far longer. Her legs took up most of her body, as the upper part of her was of a regular-heighted woman. "Don't think I will."

The robot below then laughed, grinning at the two. "I think your friend is here now, Beetles."

"Yeah, I guess," Beetlejoe stopped writhing in the woman's arms, trying to give her an annoyed look over his shoulder. "We'll be off, then?"

"Okay!" The tall woman laughed, spreading her arms and dropping her friend to the ground. "Let's go!"

"HEY!" The ghost screamed as the woman started to run off, picking himself up from the ground and starting to run after her. "YOU MESSED UP MY SUIT!"

—————

"Cleooo, you wanna do another round?" The man smiled, holding up a handful of UNO cards.

The taller sighed, leaning back on the bed the pair sat on. "Sure. I'm sleeping afterwards, though." She leaned forwards, taking the two hands of cards in one hand, the remaining deck in her other. She shuffled them quickly, eyes following the stiff paper as it danced around in her spindly hands. "Why do you like this game so much?"

The man tilted his head slightly at the question. "What?"

Cleo paused, looking up to look him in the eyes. "Why do you like this... 'UNO' so much? It's just some colored papers, along with some random selection. It's all just a game of chance."

"I-" Beetlejoe paused, watching as the game cards went on hopping between his friend's fingers. "It's fun."

"So you like gambling?"

The brunette's eyes widened. "N-No!"

"Hm. Then what do you like?"

That's the problem with AngelCleo. Her face is so plain- deep eyes, barely-there nose. Nothing else. Everything she says flows around the entire room- or any other area- so it sound like even the curtains say what she does. Her eyes just stare deep, deep into you, waiting for you to answer perfectly to whatever insane question she asks, however private. She can keep a conversation going on for hours, never answering any of your questions.

"I like hanging around with you?"

The ginger would have smiled if she could, blushing a bit. "Thanks." And with that, she went back to focusing on the cards.

But that was a month ago. Everything's changed since then.

Beetlejoe's eyes opened slowly, blinking at the sunlight shedding through the window next to his old bed. He turned onto his side before slowly sitting up, bare feet stepping onto his beaten slippers, not even trying to pull them on. He stepped through his messy room, trying not to step on the who-knows-what covering the floor. He was just at the door before noticing he had forgotten his old glasses, yet again.