Major Fluff/Angst (TDOQ Day 4)

Hi, guys! Today's prompt in the Thirty Days Of Quarantine is extreme fluff/angst. You know me, choosing angst.

WARNING: DEATH, MURDER, BADASS MURDERERS IN MASKS

----------

As the sun set, 3 figures could be seen on the horizon.

First, a woman with a ripped shirt, her hair in a messy braid. A thorny crown made of vines sat on her head. She wore a black spider mask.

I the middle of the trio stood the shortest, her hair in a bob. She had a pink raincoat on stained with mud. She wore a skeleton mask.

Finally stood the tallest, her hair in a loose ponytail. Her coat was torn, thick gloves discarded in the top pockets of it; large goggles on her forehead. She wore a drowned mask.

What do they all have in common? Why are they there? I hear you wondering. Well, they all had a mission, and that mission was to kill.

The three pulled their weapons: Sword, bow and arrow, and poison darts. 

----------

A figure walked around his base, smiling at the large ships coming in to port. His neighbor stood there, marveling at the skyscrapers and boats and roads and trucks- at everything. The two laughed, sharing jokes. Occasionally, the shorter would call to a boat captain or tug at his construction jacket.

But they were unknowing to the amazons nearby.

The shortest pulled her hood on, aiming her bow at the taller man's head. She cocked the arrow, pointed... and fired.

The figure gasped, falling forewards as his partner explained the process of unloading visiting ships. He seemed unfazed, walking off as his friend dyed right behind him.

Soon, the person's apron was bloodier than before, unseen as the day went by. Workers would come across the corpse, and call on the builder. He would wave it off, leaving his friend to rot under the smoldering sun.

----------

Next were three other builders. They were laughing in their meeting house, sitting at a small wooden table.

One with dark hair went over sales and performance towards their customers. A blonde fiddled with small sticks of TNT, twisting them between his fingers. The final had his head on the table, slowly picking stale dirt of the handles of his two shovels.

The woman with the goggles smiled under her mask. A large hole in the wall, easy way to spit a few darts. The woman with the spider mask stood above the doorway to the igloo they rest on top of, gripping her long sword.

She chuckled at their plan, she had fabricated it herself. She would shoot the dark haired man, making the other two come to the hole. Before they could do anything, she would dart them. The man in the igloo would come out to investigate, then off with his head.

She loaded a larger dart into the painted blowpipe, putting it up to her mouth. She breathed in lightly, blowing hard. The dart flew through the air, expertly hitting the man in the neck.

He stopped speaking, grabbing the other's attention. He fell from his chair, dead as a door nail. The blonde screamed, the brunette squealed. They ran to the hole in the wall just in time for two more darts. One hit home, right on the blonde's neck. The other hit the brunette's shoulder. He yelled before dropping next to the others like a dead fly.

The man in the igloo ran out, the woman with the spider head jumped from the roof next to him. He screamed, cut short by a swift thrust of her sword.

His head fell to the ground, white hair stained red with blood. His body fell the other way, right into the ice pond next to the building. You could barely see him down there. Only if you strained your eyes, you could make out his muted green vest.

The woman grabbed his head, throwing it into the pond along with the rest of him. At least dispose of one body.

Soon enough, all 4 bodies lay at the bottom of the pond.

----------

Ah yes, the final mission. Supposed to be the longest, most difficult, and most creative one. But the three killers had a strong, simple- but- not contraption. Or plan, however you see it.

It was midnight, and they had an easier mission. The three had raided the trio they had murdered, finding multiple sticks of dynamite on them. Like, dangerously a lot. Too much for anyone's own good.

The killers had taken that dynamite, sticking it inside a flimsy wooden box. They placed it inside of The Button.

With any flick, the thing would go off, splaying TNT towards anyone in the far vicinity. 

This time, the murder wasn't just for fun and laughs, like the other ones. This mission would make them hitwomen. Anonymous, of course.

Once they got through this, they would be unstoppable. They would be professional hitwomen, the masked. Nice name there too; The Masked Hitwomen. Cool.

The three crawled out of the machine, closing up the hole behind them. They ran off, hiding a small blast proof camera nearby. They would at least see who they killed, it they got a bullseye of lost the target.

----------

The trio sat in a small office, in a closed bunker. They sat, masks still on, watching the video play out live.

It had been a few hours, and the first figure appeared, at 4 AM sharp. Each murderer slid forwards, leaning in to the TV screen.

The man stood in front of the button, watching as it moved down the purple slot. He sighed, moving over to a stone thrown. It was made only out of the block, dull against the vibrant colors before it. He sat down on the hard surface, ready for a long wait. So did the masked.

----------

It had been hours. The shortest woman checked her old watch, reading 7 AM. It was a miracle that old clock still worked, with its clouded glass, worn gears and rusted everything.

After the clock hit 7:15 AM,  the action really started. Multiple people ran up to the machine, most brandishing weapons. They all stood in a semi-circle around it. 

Every once in a while, the circle would close in. An arrow would fly, maiming a person or missing. With every arrow, the trio tensed. Would that arrow hit their target? It somehow never did. Neither their client.

Then the light hit green.

Multiple people bolted up, running to press the button. A tall man in green robes, a shorter with a red shirt, a man in a pharaoh outfit.

As multiple hands hit the stone button, a small fire lit. Wood burning.

BOOM.

Multiple people died that morning. But hey, it's all the fun in a game.

----------

(1,127 words )

I hoped you liked it! I used Athena's add- on challenge of not using something I usually do in writing. I took away all the names and dialogue!

Have a great day/night, little snakes!

- Snako