Scrapes and Scars

It's been a long time since I've been writing here, and the last Robes chapter was on my birthday in July- but yeah, I think my writing's gotten better, so here you go-

"Uh- hello?"

Stress turned around from her seat. "One moment, we're kind of busy right now!"

She opened the door to a short man, smiling brightly. "Is Mister Scar here?"

"Yeah, come on inside!" The shorter brunette laughed, fiddling with her flower crown in her hands.

"Oh, Uh thank you-" he gasped. "Stress, this place is amazing!" He laughed, looking around the room- little strings of fairy lights strung across the ceiling, paper flowers taped in patterns across the walls. A few picture frames held some messy drawings, and one wall was dedicated to pictures of Stress and many other people, including animals, robots, and landscapes.

"Aww Bdubs, it isn't much! We're just being stupid is all." Stress blushed. "Do you wanna play with us?"

Bdubs looked around the large room. "Uh- what are you guys doing?"

"Dressing up Jellie," Scar's head peeked over a large couch in the back, holding Jellie over his head. The small cat was in a bright purple princess dress and a little plastic crown strapped to her head with a thin string.

Bdubs laughed, walking over to him. "Scar, what the heck is this?"

Stress closed the front door, running over to sit next to Scar. "Me and Scar here have just been having a fun day together every week or every other week for a few months."

"Scarrr! Why didn't you tell me about this? What have you guys been doing?" Bdubs threw himself into a soft chair across from the two, giggling lightly.

"Uh- drawing, writing, scrapbooking, cooking, dressing up Jellie? Stuff like that to take me off my nerves from... things." Scar sighed, pointing to a small bookshelf stuffed with photo albums, little books with names scribbled on the spines, along with many other papers and trinkets.

The dark brunette looked behind himself to look at the small bookshelf before back at the two. "What nerv- wait."

The tanned man looked his friend up and down. Old ConCorp t-shirt, plain shorts, blue socks... "What's happened to you!?"

The taller looked down at himself, looking up with a face of confusion. "What?"

"Look at yourself!" Bdubs cried, walking up to his friend. "You're all scratched up, what's happened to you!?"

Scar's eyes grew wide, looking down at himself. "Oh- Uh-"

"Scar? Did something go wrong? People only get a scar every 50 deaths or so." Bdubs lifted his shirt up slightly to show off 3 faint scars across his stomach. "But you..."

"No, it's one every 20 deaths!" Stress lifted her sleeve to show a small scattering  of lightly prominent scars laying just under her shoulder.

Scar looked down at himself, setting Jellie down on the ground next to his feet."What? But I thought- Stress, you never told me it was every 20 deaths! I thought people just have lots of scars that they never show, maybe a bit smaller, but never like that!"

"Scar, I only thought it was a small glitch-"

"Oh, and what about you!?  Every twenty!? What's wrong with you, then!?" Bdubs snapped, stomping closer to the short woman.

"Don't you dare say that, you little brat!"

Bang

"Ow! Stress, what the hell!?" Bdubs stumbled back, holding his nose. "It's not my fault you were made wrong!"