Stuck Overwater (TDOQ Day 8)

Hello! Today's TDOQ Prompt is 'Stuck overwater' I immediately thought of Zed's bouys, and then- this became a thing.

----------

"Hello? Anybody?"

Zedaph stood on  a wooden raft in the ocean, some trails of redstone dust on the watercraft and through his hair and tunic.

"I'm stuck! Anybody here to help me?"

The water was clear, the cloudless sky let the sun beat down on Zedaph's back as he tried using his hands to paddle across the water.

No land in sight, even when he pulled out his binoculars. If he even tried to reach land, he would surely drown in the process.

So he sat. As he did, the hot sun beat against the dark wood, making not only his head, shoulders, and back burning hot, but his hands and bum as he sat. he put his hands in his lap, feeling something in his pant pocket.

Dummy, you have your communicator! Just call someone, or announce in chat!

Zed grabbed it out of his pocket, hissing as the overheated metal burnt his already-reddened hands. He threw it in between his hands like he was playing hot potato. As he haphazardly flung it from hand to hand, it got hotter and hotter, flinging faster and faster when-

Splash.

Zed gawked as the silver contraption fell into the water. No, as he chucked it into the water. It was his fault, couldn't forget that.

"Oh God..." Zed stood up, glancing at his surroundings. Just clear, blue ocean, his sun bleached buoy- raft. And his machine basket. Wait-

His machine basket was a medium wicker basket, looking much like a regular picnic basket. In fact, that's what it was before Zed stole it from Impulse a few weeks ago. It had some weathered stickers on it, some redstone blotches around the bottom. But what Zed knew was that this could save him.

He stepped over to the edge of the raft and looked down into the clear water. He could just catch a glint of faint silver among the gravel and sand.

----------

Zed wiped his forehead with his arm.

Finally, it was done. He picked it up- a grabbometermabob, TM. It just looked like a clanky metal box with a spinning handle and a claw machine claw.

He walked over to the water, holding the metal block above his sunken communicator. He slowly turned the handle in a swift circle, showing a long arm attached to the claw. It lowered itself into the water, Zed spinning the old thing, over and over and over again.

Soon, it hit something. Zedaph's eyes lit up. He quickly stabbed a small button on the box with his finger, immediately throwing the nob the other way, over and over and over and-

There's a reason why you turn a new, terrible machine's handle slowly. So it doesn't fall off into the water.

----------

(485 words)

The end

I hoped you liked it! Stay safe, and have a great day/night, little snakes!