Chapter 19

Disclaimer: I don't own The Flash or any of its characters. I only own my OC's. :)

When we enter the cortex we see everyone with worried expressions on their faces.
"Where were you guys?" Barry asks.
"We were really worried," Kyra says, hugging me.
"Uh...we decided to go get some coffee from Jitters for everyone," Aaron makes up an excuse.
"Where's the coffee?" Cisco questions, crossing his arms.
"When we got there, we remembered we don't have any money so we decided to come back," I quickly make-up. I look over at the clock in the corner to see it reads 12.53p.m
"Well, I have to go to CCPD now," Barry says, grabbing his jacket off one of the chairs and speeding out of the room. Caitlin grabs her purse and leaves to go get some coffee and hot chocolate for everyone.
"I don't believe you two," Cisco says, staring at us. Aaron opens his mouth to say something but Cisco interrupts.
"It doesn't matter, I will find out what you are hiding."
He then turns around and leaves. Once he is gone, Dylan, Kyra and Jax turn to us.
"I can explain..." I start but am cut off by Dylan.
"You went after Max, didn't you?" I nod. He huffs.
"We clearly told you not to go, that it was too dangerous but you still went?" He exclaims.
"Dylan, it isn't her fault. I went with her too," Aaron argues.
"I'm disappointed in both of you," Jax says. I look down.
"Come on, let's go," Aaron says, grabbing my arm. He leads me out of the room and into the elevator, pressing the button for the ground floor.
"Where are we going?" I ask him.
"Just on a walk," he replies. The elevator pings and we step out. We exit the S.T.A.R Labs building and start walking down the street that is bustling with people heading to work.

We walk in silence for a while before we come across a small park bench. I sit down on it with a huff. Aaron sits down next to me.
"The others are right, it was a bad idea going after Max," I say after a while.
"We didn't know what was going to happen. In the moment it sounded like a good idea," he tries to reassure me but we both know I am right. If we hadn't been so dumb, we would have listened to the others.
"Are we really going to just betray the whole team?" I ask. He sighs.
"We'll figure something out but for now, all we can do is follow their orders."

We sit in the park for a while before Aaron's phone starts to ring. I didn't even know he had a phone.
"Jax gave it to me for emergencies," Aaron tells me, seeing the confused look on my face.
"Hello?" he asks into the phone.
"What is it?... Are you sure?... OK, we'll be right there." he puts down the phone and turns to me.
"We have to go to S.T.A.R Labs, now," he demands with wide eyes. I quickly grab him and speed us up to the entrance of the S.T.A.R Labs building. We run inside and into the elevator.

We rush into the cortex to see what is going on. Everyone is huddled around the computers except for Barry. I look around to see his suit gone too. He must be fighting a meta.
"Guys, this meta just made a whole bunch of people start attacking me. What do I do, I can't hurt innocent people," Barry exclaims over the coms.
"Uhh... can you try to just avoid them and go after the meta. Maybe if you stop her then all the people will stop trying to attack you," Cisco says. I walk over to the computers to see what is happening through the security camera feed they are all watching. Barry speeds over to a young woman, about 23 or so with bright red hair. She must be the meta.

Barry tries to catch her but all of a sudden she disappears into thin air. Barry looks around wildly and all the people that were trying to attack him have gone back to normal, looking around in confusion. Barry speeds away and in a flash is back in the cortex.
"She got away," he says.
"Do we have any idea who she is?" Kyra asks. Cisco types into the computer frantically and a few seconds later, a picture of her appears on the TV. We all turn to look at it.
"Laura Jackson, age 23. She has been doing petty theft and been in and out of juvie since she was 14. The night the particle accelerator exploded, she had just been arrested for trespassing. She went missing less than two weeks later and hadn't been heard of since," Iris explains.
"Until now," Barry says. Iris nods.
"That sounds a lot like that kid Maximus Sullivan who showed up yesterday. A few weeks after the explosion and they go missing," Cisco says. Iris nods.
"I'll do some research later and see how many kids went missing after the particle accelerator explosion," she says.
"I'm going to try and find out if there is a way we can stop this Laura from controlling people," Caitlin tells us, walking out of the cortex.
"I'm going to go interview some of the people she controlled, see if they remember anything useful," Iris says, "Hey Kyra, do you want to come with me? Your telepathy could be useful."
"Sure," Kyra replies. They both rush out of the cortex leaving Barry, Cisco Aaron, Dylan, Jaxon and I.
"So, do you guys want to train?" Barry asks.
"Now?" Dylan asks.
"yep, no time like the present," Barry replies. Dylan looks at the others.
"OK, sure."
"I'll stay here with Kat," Cisco calls as they all leave the cortex and head over to the speed lab.

I sit down in one of the spinny chairs and twirl around in it a few times.
"I feel like I know you," Cisco says suddenly. I stop spinning.
"What do you mean? Of course you know me, I'm Dylan's sister, remember?" I say cautiously. He shakes his head.
"No, I know you from somewhere else," he says, furrowing his brow in concentration.
"I'm going to figure this out eventually," he says before leaving. Once he is gone I swallow hard. Maybe I should just tell him everything? The longer we keep everything a secret, the worse it'll be when they finally find out.

(1165 words)
What do you think of that? Do you think Cisco is going to figure it out?? I hope you enjoyed it and please tell me if you have any ideas on something you want to happen. I read all comments so your idea won't be ignored.

Be sure to comment, share and hopefully vote. ;)
P. S. The next update will be Friday the 13th or earlier.
Until next chapter. :)