Hurt - Steve Rogers

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," you mumbled.

"I couldn't hear you. Could you repeat that?" Tony puts a hand to his ear as he pretended that he couldn't hear you.

You glared at him and shouted, "Sorry I made you worry about me!" Tony backed up and rubbed his ear.

"Ouch."

"Tony," Steve practically growled at him. Tony raised his hands in surrender and looked at you with a lopsided smile.

"I'll drop by later." With that he turned on his heels and left the room, which you noticed was Steve's, leaving you and Steve drowned thick tension.

"I thought that I'd be fine. I---"

"Do have any idea how worried I was?"

You knew he was worried. It was etched on his face. He was your first friend in a long time. He had rescued you from Hydra when he saved Bucky. You and Bucky were partners, but you never got to know him. You knew him as the Winter Soldier and he knew you as Phoenix Flame. You and Steve grew close as friends and you learned so much about him and his time. You never judged him for how he acted or talked. In fact, you quite enjoyed it. He was a gentleman from the 1940s and you adored it. Bucky had grown to be like a sibling while you developed a strong friendship with Steve.

As for now, your heart was hammering against your ribs. You were sure that Steve could hear it. Steve took a seat next to you.

"Do you have any clue how worried I was? How worried Bucky was? How worried Tony was? This whole team was worried about you." He rambled on, speaking softly. "It was terrifying to know that you could've died. It was like I lost my own life when I found you bloody and bruised. I didn't even think about how I could've lost you until then. I never want a life without you. In fact, I never even want to imagine a life without you. I couldn't breathe when I picked you up and couldn't find a pulse. It was like time stopped. When I brought you to the Quinjet and then they told me that you had a weak pulse, hence why I couldn't find one. I was beyond terrified. The idea of losing you..." Steve turned away from you. You put your hand on his shoulder as his shoulders began to shake.

"Hey," you said, softly, "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. It's not that easy to get rid of me." He chuckled softly and turned to you. His eyes were red and puffy. "How long was I out?"

"Three days. Your cuts are almost healed, thanks to your powers. Y/N, I need to tell you something," Steve said, taking your hand into his, "I think I love you. I didn't even realize this until you almost died. It was like I lost everything at that moment. Every time you smile, laugh, and focus so much that you furrow your eyebrows, I fall more for you. Everything you say and everything you do, I find interesting. It could be you just pouring a cup of coffee or making breakfast, but something just makes me look at you. The way you throw your head back and cover your mouth when you laugh too much. I love everything about you."

You look at him with tears in your eyes.

"Steve... I think I love you too."

Steve grinned as his eyes flickered down to your lips. Your eyes mimicked his actions and the two of you leaned in. He looked into your eyes, looking for hesitation or any signs of protests, but soon you closed the gap.

Your lips moved in sync, making you feel lightheaded and butterflies erupted in your stomach. His hand went around your waist while the other went behind your neck. Your hands went to his chest and you kissed him with a bit more passion. His tongue glided over your bottom lip, asking for permission, which you gave.

"Hey!"

The two of you pulled away, flustered. You whipped your head towards the voice.

Bucky.

"What the hell happened here?" He looked from Steve to you.

"I think we call it a 'kiss'," you remarked. Bucky scowled at you and you shrugged.

"Y/N," Steve warned you, but you spoke up again.

"Ever heard of one or had one?" You giggled as Bucky glared daggers at you. "I'm only joking, but not about the kiss. I and Steve love each other, Bucky, and I trust him."

Bucky's eyes softened and he sighed.

"I trust Steve, Y/N. And I trust Y/N, Steve. I just meant," Bucky said, "couldn't have you two waited just two more days! Now I owe Stark $100 and Nat $50!"

"You guys made bets on us?!" You yelled. Bucky smiled and nodded.

"You two have been flirting since you met and then spent so much time together. You two might've not noticed, but you two were always checking out the other." Steve and you shared a glance, blushing furiously. "Anyway, I was here to see how you were doing, but it seems you're better so..." Bucky ran off as Steve started to get up dangerously. Steve sat down and you leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"Wanna finish what we started?" Steve turned pink and smiled at you.

"Why not?" He slammed his lips on you again before stopping and telling you, "I don't ever want you to get hurt." He kissed your lips again and this time, you two shared more than lips.