Another Lifetime - Steve Rogers

Steve wanted to talk to you. That's all they told you before rushing you to the communications room where they sat you down. Peggy pointed at the radio, gave your shoulder a reassuring squeeze, and left the room.

"[Y/N]?" Steve's voice came out staticky, but you knew his voice. The voice that felt like home engulfed you and you sighed.

"Yes, Steve," you said without letting your voice sound shaky, "it's me." You heard him chuckle before he spoke.

"I think we're going to have put a hold on that date I promised you." You let out a shaky breath.

"That's fine," you mumbled. "As long as your here Steve, it'll be fine." Knowing what was happening your heart drops into your stomach. Swallowing the lump in your throat you spoke again. "Tell us your coordinates and---"

"It's too late for that," Steve spoke with determination. "The plane's going into the ice."

"I love you!" You exclaimed. Steve's line went quiet as you said it. For a moment you thought the worst.

"I love you too and---" The line went staticky and you knew what had happened. Your eyes well up with tears and a sob ripples out of your throat. And another followed by another. Your hands clasp together as you knew what Steve's fate was.

You knew that you would have to spend your life in his memories. Wiping your tears, you got up and got up. You tensed when two arms wrapped around you, but noticing Peggy's warmth, you relaxed and cried on her shoulder.

Cried for your fiancé. Cried for his life. Cried for how your life will change. Cried for the heart he left behind, broken.

You're the adrenaline in my veins
sending shivers down my spine
but we had to save our love
for another lifetime

———

I posted this because I felt like doing so. Mostly cause I was bored of seeing like a billion drafts that I think are trash.

Last one for this poem. I had written one with Steve visiting the reader when she was old, but that got deleted. So then I wrote this one and I think it's pretty bad.

Anyway, I promise better ones coming your way.

Until next time!

MCU Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें