Another Lifetime - Tony Stark

Tony watched as the fire engulfed the building. He watched as his friends, his family, scrambled out of the fire. Covered in bruises and blood, he couldn't care less about himself. His eyes only searches for one person.

You.

You were the light in his life. You were the apple of his eyes. You were his first love. His love for you was honest, something he hadn't been able to do since his parents died. He slept with other women, trying to get rid of the emptiness in his heart. Once he found you, drinking coffee at one of his parties in the kitchen, he stopped. He only wanted you. He only need you. He only loved you.

He couldn't even start to comprehend the fact that his eyes started to get heavy as he looked for you. His eyes darted to Steve who, like himself, was covered in bruises and blood.

"Where is she?" He asked Steve desperately.

His head started to spin, but he didn't care. FRIDAY's voice rang in his ears without him noticing what she was saying. He only needed to hear your voice.

Steve lowered his head and whispered, "She saved a child's life." Steve's grip on his shield tightened as tears threatened to fall. Steve had been one of your best friends. To be honest, the Avengers were all your best friends. Steve's vision got blurry as he looked back at Tony.

Tony Stark has gone through thick and thin, never giving up, but this time he did. He gave up on life. He gave up on love. He gave up on himself. He gave up on everything. Your death wasn't anything he ever imagined. He couldn't hold the tears that fell from his eyes.

The tears he kept in when his parents died. The tears he kept in when his life almost came to end. The tears he kept in when his anxiety rose. The tears he kept in when he made Ultron.

The tears stained his cheeks because you left him.

You're the adrenaline in my veins
sending shivers down my spine
but we had to save our love
for another lifetime

———

I'm not crying, you are.

This hurt to write, but I loved the poem and just had to write the imagine inspired by it. And I should warn you that my next few posts are also going to be inspired by this poem.

Until next time!