What would anyone even say to that. You resisted the urge to sigh.

"Hey, Morgan," Emily called. He looked over at her.

"What are you doing next Tyoozeday?" she asked with a mischievous smile.

Morgan grinned back.

"I think my car note is dyoo. What about you, JJ?"

"I think Henry has an appointment at nyoon."

"That's wrong!" Spencer interjected. "You can't use it with the double o."

"Oh my god JJ, get it right!" you sighed exaggeratedly with a smile. "Your career as a classical musician is over. Boo! Off the stage!"

You threw a Cheeto at her and it landed in her hair, getting tangled in the loose strands. She turned and giggled, fishing for the Cheeto you threw at her only to toss it back at you. It bounced off your face and you laughed, throwing more of them at her in retaliation. She chucked them back at you until a stray puff bounced off of JJ's shoulder and onto Hotch's case file, leaving a nasty orange stain on the front. The two of you ceased your laughter immediately as everyone else in the jet froze. Hotch paused a long moment before brushing the chip off of his file and into the aisle. You and JJ slowly got out of your seats after awhile, getting on your hands and knees to pick up the mess you made while trying not to giggle too loudly.

You were on the way off the jet when Rossi spoke up.

"I like your book, Reid. Is it nyoo?"

While Spencer looked absolutely annoyed, everyone else burst into another fit of laughter.

-

Daniel Sitteth.

Spencer had the best vantage point of the room. You couldn't see behind some of your team, the angles were strange for everyone, but Spencer could see everyone in the room except for the person with the gun at his back.

iu

That's what he was saying. That's what the room looked like. Hotch was the dot on the i, William the tail. Rossi was the closest to Hotch, next to you, and then JJ, Morgan, and Spencer followed the line.

You thought back to Morgan's tactical training; how do you get out of trouble when you're flanked? It was extremely difficult to maneuver, but it could be done. Usually the people that were cornered in the middle would break off into two groups and try to surround the other group. There were too few of you; that wouldn't work. One of the few ways to counter a flank was an echelon formation.

The team could rearrange, form half of a 'v' shape so that it gave everyone a good view of the room. The person at the tip of the 'v' is usually the first person to fire and the first person that's shot at, like a sort of distraction while the other members of the echelon either fire as well or go into a different formation of attack.

Because of their vantage points, Spencer and Rossi would be the two ends of the echelon, with Spencer being the distraction while Rossi circled back around to get to William while everyone else subdued their personal gunman.

This was extremely dangerous, because the second that Spencer moved, the guns trained on everyone else would likely become trained on him. Your heart sank in trepidation. But you didn't have time to think about it too long because Spencer was already moving, ducking and rolling to the ground. You immediately hit the floor, turning around to shoot at the man who was behind you and then directly going for the man who had been standing behind Rossi. There were multiple gunshots, the sounds of screams, one or two that you thought you recognized but most that you didn't.

You were still on the ground when the shooting stopped. You whipped your head around for Spencer, trying to find him now that the chaos had mostly died down. He was standing behind Hotch's chair, gun pointed at William who was on the ground, screaming in pain while Rossi held him down. You quickly turned to the other side of the room. Derek was holding his shoulder in one of his hands, blood dripping everywhere. JJ looked fine, stunned if anything.

In a few split seconds, it was all over.

-

Derek was alright. The gunshot was superficial, and had only grazed the top part of his shoulder. You had killed two men today, and the worst part is that you almost didn't feel bad about it. It was your team or theirs, and you chose your own.

Something about it felt so... anticlimactic. All this work, put into torturing the team and Hotch, and for what? Misguided anger was a hell of a bitch, and especially dangerous for a man like William who had money.

You had learned from the interrogations that happened later that William had hired a tactical assassin to help plan this entire thing while the tactical man hired other people to surveil the team and report back to him. William had never actually killed anyone, and from the body count it looked like there was one person missing; the tactical lead. He had probably known what a bad idea the plan was, what a loose cannon William could be. Considering the man didn't have a personal problem with the BAU, the bounty hunt for him wouldn't commence for at least a week since he wasn't seen as a danger.

But now, finally, everyone could relax. After the hospital visits and the paperwork and the interrogation, you and Spencer didn't get to his place until closer to noon. Everyone was exhausted; you had all been awake for almost 36 hours.

You wanted nothing more than to collapse on the couch or in Spencer's bed, but you knew he wouldn't like the residual dust and dirt and blood on your clothes to get over his things. So the both of you silently made your way to his bathroom, stripping and showering in the peace and quiet. Spencer ran his fingers through your hair, scratching your scalp lightly. You closed your eyes and sighed, the feeling of his hands and the hot water on your skin almost lulling you to sleep.

And then he was kissing your forehead softly, reaching behind you to turn the water off. You didn't even bother putting clothes on; you dried yourself off and snuck under the covers. Spencer did the same, cuddling you from behind, throwing his arm around your torso.

"I'm glad you're safe," you mumbled. You felt the rise and fall of his chest as he sighed.

"Me, too."

And then, for the first time in what felt like a very long time, you slept peacefully.

Annoyance (Spencer Reid x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara