Walkthrough

The both of you woke up to someone pounding on the door. Shit. Your head hurt, probably from the dehydration of crying so much. Spencer had jolted awake the same time you did, his head thunking against the headboard from the surprise. If he didn't have a headache now, he probably would later.

You looked up at him from the pillows while he looked down at you from his sitting position. The bed was in the eyeline of the open door, and you weren't sure how well anyone else from the team would take it if they found out you were in there together. In bed. Rather than opening the door, you decided to yell from the other side of the room.

"Yeah?" you called, still making eye contact with Spencer.

"You need to get up, we're leaving soon!" Derek called.

"Okay!" you called back.

You heard Derek move away from your room and start knocking on Spencer's door. Apparently the two of you were unaccounted for. He called Spencer's name and pounded on the door a few times before giving up.

"Guess you got up early to grab some coffee, huh?" you asked, grinning.

"Yeah," he replied smiling, his voice thick with sleep. There was just something so nice about his voice in the mornings...

"Hey."

You looked back at Spencer, realizing your eyes and mind had started to wander.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to be alright?"

You sucked in a deep breath. Were you?

"Yeah, I think so. Maybe we can talk about it when we get home?"

You knew you had needed a lot of time to process this, and now that you had the full picture in your head and were calm enough, you think you were ready to discuss it. You trusted Emily, you really did, but at the end of the day she just hadn't been there. And as much as you were not okay with Spencer's recent behavior, you appreciated his understanding and willingness to help you out with this. It superseded any argument or problem that you had with each other at the moment.

After the plane had landed, you offered to drive Reid home. He accepted, and now the two of you were in the car. Now that you weren't in the comfort of a hotel room under the spell of sleep, it was awkward. Nothing seemed as funny anymore.

"Your place or mine?" you asked. Spencer shrugged from the passenger seat.

"Okay. Since I asked, I guess I can host," you said.

"Sounds good," he replied.

You drove home in almost complete silence. You fiddled with the music on your phone while you drove, wondering what music Spencer liked to listen to. You had never thought about it before.

Spencer left his bag in your car and followed you up the stairs. You welcomed him into your place and closed the door behind you before throwing your bag of clothes into your room.

"You can sit wherever, if you'd like. Give me one sec," you called. You closed the door and changed into comfy clothes. Reid's freshly washed clothes had been sitting on your dresser for awhile. You emerged from your room and handed the clothes to him.

"If you wanted to change?" you proposed. Spencer nodded and stood from the armchair he had chosen. You directed him to the bathroom where he could change and sprawled on the couch, waiting for him to get back. He returned and sat in your armchair again, looking more relaxed. You had to laugh.

"What?"

"It's like you're my psychiatrist. Give me the diagnosis, Doctor."

He smiled wryly.