.. / .-.. --- ...- . / -.-- --- ..-

-A month later-

Saturday mornings were always your favorite. There was no threat of work, and no elegiac feeling that Sundays would give you. Just you and Spencer and a full day of nothing ahead, a full day of possibilities and fun. Maybe the two of you would go to an old bookstore or a library or see a show, or maybe you would spend all day in bed.

But in the mornings you were always curled up on the couch together, drinking coffee. Spencer took a sip from his new favorite mug before untangling himself from your grasp to stand up. You figured he had to pee or something, because he definitely still had coffee left. He made his way over to your record player, purposely standing in the way so that you couldn't see what record he was choosing. He didn't use the record player much, but you knew that he liked the old-fashioned crackly noise it made, the way the little imperfections shone through on the vinyl.

He put the needle on and made his way back over to you. Shortly, the sound of your singular classical music vinyl, your French one, filled the room softly. You expected Spencer to sit back down, but instead he stood in front of you, holding his hand out.

"Are you asking me to dance?"

He smiled softly.

"Only if you'll say yes."

You took his hand, placing your mug on the coffee table so that you could join him in one of the empty spaces of your living room. You swayed back and forth for a little while, and then the next song started to play. A waltz.

Suddenly, Spencer was guiding you backwards. You clutched his shoulder in surprise, feeling off balanced by the way he was pushing you to move. He was actually dancing.

You were used to leading when you danced, that's just how you were. Being guided backwards was extremely uncomfortable and unsettling for you. But you held on tightly to Spencer anyways, trying to get a feel for his pace so that you could dance more smoothly with him. You got the hang of it quickly, and soon enough it felt like the two of you were floating around your apartment. You grinned up at him, admiring his soft smile and the sparkle in his eyes. He had learned this just for you.

The song was over too quickly but he held you closely afterwards, wrapping his arms around you as you did the same to him. You rested your face onto his chest, hearing his strong heartbeat there. Your own heart swelled at the sound.

It was this feeling you couldn't contain. You had felt it for a very long time, and you were scared to put it into words, because then it would be real. It would mean something. But it already was real, already meant something to both of you, no matter how long you had tried to fight it. Despite your anxiety, you pulled away from Spencer, cupping his cheeks in your hands to make sure that he was looking down at you. You stared him straight in the eyes, your stomach filled with butterflies as you opened your mouth to say what you had been wanting to say for quite a long time now.

"I love you."

He grinned, taking your face in his hands and leaning down to kiss you enthusiastically. He drew back, breathless but still smiling.

"I love you, too."