Sleepovers and Brunch

You were awoken by the sound of Spencer's alarm going off. You turned around to face him, getting a good look at his back as he leaned over to turn it off. He grabbed his glasses off of the bedside table and put them on, rolling around to look back at you. His hair was fabulously messy, the dark circles under his eyes a little lighter today.

This feeling came over you, a bubbly warmth in your chest. You didn't even think about it; you just leaned in to kiss him, your hand on his cheek. He kissed you back enthusiastically, his hands going to your hair. His glasses bumped against your face but you didn't mind. You weren't usually this ready to go first thing in the morning, but something about an amazing night's sleep and the safety of his arms made you feel some type of way.

You weren't always this presumptuous, and perhaps it was the brain fog of recently waking up, but you pushed him backwards, throwing your leg around him so that you were on top, straddling his hips. He used his hands in your hair to pull your face away from his, a grin on his lips.

"Good morning," he said in that croaky morning voice of his.

"Hi," you smiled back, leaning in to kiss him again. He tugged on your hair to pull you away again.

"You're going to be late to the office. You should go home and get ready for the day."

"We must have some time, right?"

He laughed.

"I set my alarms to maximize the amount of sleep I get every night. If I stay in this bed any longer with you, I'll be late, too. Trains. And I'm not sure if both of us being late on the same day would look good, considering neither of us are usually late at all."

Of course he would do something like that. He was right though, and both of you knew it. You sighed, rolling off of him onto your back. Damn. He chuckled, leaning over to pull your face to his. He kissed you, this time softly.

"We have plenty of time for that later, okay?"

Your stomach flipped a little. He wanted to do this again, too?

"Okay," you relented. He got out of bed and you followed suit. You hunted around for your clothes from last night while he disappeared into his closet. He reappeared in that dark violet button down that you absolutely loved, his black tie loose around his neck. And he wore those tight pants, the black ones that showed off his ass so well. Oof. He was trying to kill you.

You grabbed your keys and purse and he walked you to his door, grabbing his bag as well. Before you walked out the door, you turned to him.

"Spencer?"

He raised his eyebrows at you questioningly.

"What do we do? Like at work. Pretend this never happened? Or...?"

"Not pretend but... let's not mention it."

"Well yeah," you rolled your eyes. "I mean do we act any different?"

"No. If we want this to progress naturally, at least in the eyes of everyone else, we have to build this from the ground up. We're not exactly friendly at work, are we? Nobody can know about this until we're sure, but we can be a little bit more talkative at the office if you would like."

"Okay. I can get behind that," you said. It was almost thrilling, in a way. You had seen a side of Spencer that none of your coworkers knew about. He had done some filthy things to you, and you were about to walk in and act like nothing had ever happened. It was hard to keep secrets from a group like the profiling unit, but it looked like you and Spencer might be able to pull off the best con there was.