Interrogation

You were going to have to talk to Malcolm again. Although you weren't there to see it, apparently Spencer had been agitated after your first round with him. It honestly hadn't even been that bad. But next time, you knew it was going to have to be a prolonged session, and once again you were going to have to do it alone.

You made sure that Spencer was on Emily duty the next day. There was something in his eyes, something buried under the surface that you couldn't quite make out, that made you worried for him. It was this cold demeanor, bordering on anger. You only caught it in the small moments where he thought you weren't looking, but it scared you. Yet he had been as tender as ever, stroking your hair gently as you fell asleep that night, kissing you softly yet passionately.

The next morning, you made sure to pick out clothes that were a little more modest than normal, something that covered more skin. You remembered Spencer saying once that people tend to think of women as more trustworthy or faithful if they wore less provocative clothing. You needed Malcolm to open up to you, and you were going to do whatever it took to get there. Apparently, that was the wrong move. Even though he grinned when you entered the room, the first comment he made was about your clothing.

"What's with the clothes? Are you scared of me, baby?"

"I'm not your baby."

"A little touchy today, aren't we?"

"Nope."

You knew your team was on the other side of the glass behind you, knew they would step in or stop something bad from happening, but you still felt alone.

"Aren't you going to ask me how I'm doing today?"

You looked up at him from the file you were leafing through.

"No."

"How's your hand? Healing nicely? When do you get to take the cast off?"

"Piss off."

He laughed then, throwing his head back as if it was the funniest thing he had ever heard.

"You've really got a mouth on you, huh?"

You didn't reply, opting to ignore him just because you could at this point.

"I bet you need a strong man to keep you in line."

You continued to ignore him, but he kept coming at you.

"Does that boyfriend of yours keep you in line? He looks like he could barely lift a finger, much less handle a woman like you."

"What's with the old vandalism charges, Malcolm? Spray-painting walls? What was that for?"

"I bet I could handle you."

"College dropout. What was your major, again?"

"Tie you up all nice and pretty again and show you who's boss."

"This isn't a fucking game, Malcolm," you said, slamming your papers down on the table.

"What a dirty little mouth," he replied with a smile. "I'd love to see what else it can do."

You needed to calm down. You were already starting to get aggravated, and you had only been in the room for a handful of minutes. You hated being in the same room as him. Even though he was the one in chains, he still technically had all the power. You suppressed a sigh, pulling yourself back together.

"Why did you leave college?"

"Why don't you leave your boyfriend?"

You knew he was talking about Spencer, even if he wasn't officially your boyfriend. You didn't feel like making the clarification.