Cold

Spencer was pissed. The team had a case out of state, and even though the doctors had said Spencer was cleared to travel, Hotch wanted him to sit it out with Penny at home. Spencer didn't usually spill his guts to anyone, not even you, but he did throw around the word "bullshit" and "asshole" through texts to you, which made you feel like maybe he was not in the best state of mind. Hotch was probably right to keep him away. But you couldn't tell that to Spencer, because agreeing with Hotch would almost certainly make Spencer clam up on you, and you were enjoying the open communication.

You couldn't get past what had happened last weekend though, holding him while he cried. After the initial incident, after all the questioning from the team, he hadn't spoken a word about it. It was if it had never happened. He would get quiet when anyone would mention the open case, sometimes even leave the room. He was quieter in general anyways, although he would get irritated more easily than normal. You tried to spend as many nights with him as possible because you knew it helped him sleep, but work and other things got in the way. You felt bad about not being there for him.

You talked to him every day while you were gone. He was sitting in Garcia's office most of the time, so you could hear him over the phone and even spoke to him a little bit. You were so busy that you couldn't really text much, and you certainly weren't going to call for fear that someone would overhear you, but you still enjoyed hearing from him. It just wasn't the same when he wasn't there.

He seemed more unpredictable than normal, asking if you could come see him the second the plane landed. You agreed, knowing he was probably lonely and sleep-deprived since he hadn't been sleeping next to anyone else. When you knocked on his door, he let you in immediately, almost as if he had been standing there waiting for you to show up. He had a blank expression on his face, and that worried you because you were never sure what mood he would be in. He let you into his apartment wordlessly and you walked in, setting your stuff down by the door and turning to look at him as he closed the door behind you.

"Hi," you said, trying to break the silence.

You had no time to prepare yourself for what came next. He reached out quickly, his hand suddenly on your throat, squeezing more than you were used to. You choked, throwing your hands up to his wrists and backing away from him in surprise while your brain tried to process what was going on. Except there was nowhere for you to go. So you stood there, hands tugging uselessly at his arm while he looked down at you, face still blank.

"Yes or no?" he asked.

What the fuck? What kind of foreplay was this? After you had a moment to think, you nodded cautiously at him anyways. You were curious to see what was going to happen.

"Yes," you said, remembering that he likes verbal confirmation.

He smirked lightly. He let go of your throat, opting to thread his fingers through your hair. And then he was yanking at it, pulling you with him as he walked into the living room. You cried out in pain, stumbling along next to him and instinctively reaching up to grab at his hands again to loosen his grip. Before you could get your balance back, he was tossing you forward onto the ground, releasing your hair. You fell hard, scraping your hands across the rug as you tried to catch yourself.

Your head was spinning, the pain in your skull already starting to fade as you tried to catch your breath, looking up at Spencer from the floor. He stood there silently, looking down at you with eyes that were almost cold. This was unlike anything you'd seen from him before.

"Take your pants off," he ordered. You didn't need to be told twice. If he was willing to inflict pain when you hadn't done anything wrong, you weren't sure what you were going to get if you disobeyed him. He was already unzipping his jeans, and seemed to be frustrated with the fact that you were struggling to get yours off fast enough. He fell to his knees in front of you, sighing exasperatedly before forcefully grabbing at your jeans and pulling them off quickly. He was so rough it was bordering on painful. You wouldn't admit it, but it definitely turned you on.