՞՞2՞՞

My phone kept dinging and buzzing non stop, but my lids refused to even try to separate from each other. I knew it was already morning, noon maybe, but my messed up sleep schedule didn't really leave me a choice. If only I could reach for my phone and turn the sound off without waking up-

Ring ring ring

Ugh..

I let my phone ring for a few more seconds, trying to adjust to the sunlight which was barely being blocked by my stupid sheer curtains.

Longing my hand to the side, I found the loud ringing thing and brought it close to my face.

George.

"What." I didn't care if I sounded rude. It was the second time in a few hours he woke me up.

"Why do you sound dead? Again." George spoke.

"What do you want?" I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"Clay's been trying to contact you for 2 hours straight, why are you not replying?" He sounded more annoyed than I was.

"Who the fuck is Clay?" I was now getting irritated.

"Oh c'mon... You know Dream. You watch his videos." George confronted me.

"Well yeah I watched a few, but didn't know his name was Cleo.."

"Clay."

"Whatever."

I was fully awake by the time I ended the call. The obnoxious amount of notifications I had. The instagram dm's were the first thing I checked.

Dreamwastaken hey

Dreamwastaken george told you about the deal yeah?

Dreamwastaken ...

I tried to remember what George told me last night but ended up failing miserably. Well maybe he can remind me?

lizzil Hi :)

lizzil All he told me was that your name's Cleo   

I laughed to myself, thinking that my reply was beyond hilarious. I expected some laughing emojis along with the detailed explanation of why he was texting me, but what I got wasn't even close to my expectations.       

Dreamwastaken it's Clay..

Dreamwastaken whatever. just text me when youre ready to get shit done

I just blinked blankly. Being that dry and rude to someone you don't even know..? The least I could do was leaving him on read and move on with my day. I have a shit ton of things to do anyway, and it's already 4 in the afternoon.

Living alone did sound tempting when I was moving away from my parents. It was fun for the first week or so. But then I realized that my apartment is slowly gaining a strong resemblance of a trash can, and all I could do about it was to observe the situation and complain.

And clearly life was working against the efforts of me trying to change the situation. As soon as I tried to at least make my bed, my phone rang again.

George again.

"I don't like your friend," I spoke as soon as I answered the call, "and I don't like the fact that you're calling me when you can just send a text."

"Whoa, calm down," I heard the familiar voice, "and don't worry, he doesn't like you either."

I clenched my jaw in anger, "What do you want?"

"You're kind of.. what's the word... dumb lately," George spoke, "I spent half an hour yesterday explaining what I want and you said "sure", do you expect me to explain that again?"

Being seconds away from throwing my phone out of the balcony, I took a deep breath and tried to collect myself. The trick worked partially, giving me the ability to speak without shouting.

"Well you woke me up in the middle of the night and still expected that my brain would work properly? All I remember is you ranting about how much you and your stupid friend suck at coding, that's all."

"Maybe if you tried harder you'd also remember the part where you agreed to help me and my "stupid friend" with the coding process." George spat back, making the faint memories come back.

I would make a scene out of this whole story, but honestly, was it even worth it? It's not the first time I help George with the codes. And not that the fact of me agreeing to help half-asleep was a huge mistake or a disaster. I would've still agreed if he asked me when I was fully awake and properly functioning.

So instead of irritating myself further, I decided to be an adult, suck it up and do the right move.

"Fuck you. Send me the codes."