33. Trentatré

Gian's friends were fun

Gian's friends were fun. Well, just one. The one with huge physic, who would make the perfect Santa was also indulging now. His voice was really rough and gravelly when he actually spoke instead of grunting for a response. I had to inadvertently lean forward to make out what he had been talking about, he mostly answered Lorenzo. But that was also good for me, an improvement. My palms were slightly clammy from nervousness as I am engaging in talks with more than one person and only one is openly ignoring me. Yeahhh me.!!!

"Gian, help me with the dishes." I ask him when it was time for dinner.

"What's with Grumpio Grouchiolli.?" I whispered to Gian as we were in the kitchen. "I don't think he likes me." I say sadly. Those people obviously mean a lot to Gian. They were in the school with them and I have heard their names come up plenty of times during his phone calls.

"Who.? Emiliano." Gian chuckled.

"Yes him." I hiss, keeping an eye on the door. Apart from not liking to be unlikable, I don't want to seem like the honey-tongued girl, who is all smiling in front and then bitches about her boyfriend's allies behind their back. After all, he does ask his employees to call him by his first name.

"He is an introvert." Gian said, after pondering his answer.

My brows raised in understanding. I know the kinds, they pretend to be unapproachable to avoid human interactions. So it's a green signal for me to try to get him to talk. I'm not unlikable, he is a wallflower.

"And what's with the names." Gian snickered, kissing my lips.

"You are Italian." I shrug. "Isn't that you name people. Soto, Emiliano, Lorenzo. Well on that logic, you should be named Gianno." I grinned at him, playfully hitting him with a spatula.

"You are racist, Zara Sinclair." Gian announced, biting on my shoulder.

"No. I am not." I exclaim placing the mashed potatoes on the bowl. Gian muttered something incorrigible under his breath, stacking up the plates. "hey, I am talking to you." I came right in front of him.

"I knew you were doing the horizontal mamba." Lorenzo exclaimed teasingly, grinning from ear to ear. I jumped from the sudden intrusion, clutching my heart I spun around to glare at him.

"We are completely dressed, asshole." Gian groaned.

"Well, I am never wrong. That only means one thing, you came early." He tossed cherry tomato inside his mouth and left holding the salad bowl.

"Mother-" Gian stopped mid curse when I press my palm over his chest. The way Gian quickly moved, he might have had grabbed him by his collar and grappled with him on the floor if I wasn't blocking his path.

Standing on my toes, I kiss his cheek. "I don't mind." I assured him because he is obviously getting angry on my account. Gian cocked his brow at me proving my suspicions. "I am not a prude, Gian. I can take a joke and he is obviously doing it to get a rise out of you. Let's play along and see what he does." I wink at him.