Ch. 20-Sometimes things just doesn't want to die

Start from the beginning

The only one basically not affected was Kim Dokja as he once again faced Yoo Jonghyuk's back. The wide back that protected him from the explosions once again protected him from the flames. 

The constellations and dokkaebi had gone rather quiet which wasn't a good sign. When Yoo Jonghyuk noticed this it could only trigger a flag to destruction. A death flag as it is called. 

The dokkaebi's voice rang out to the incarnations below.

[It isn't exciting enough...]

Yoo Jonghyuk who hadn't expected the appearance of the dokkaebi could only widen his eyes in surprise before his expression turned into a frown.

[It is too easy...]

Kim Dokja didn't like where this was going. 

[Myung Ilsang is too weak... His resolve isn't enough.] 

The new dokkaebi that appeared wasn't the same one that advertised isekai before. This was a intermediate dokkaebi. Usually the dokkaebi that created the scenario would have all the power over it but there was a few rules that bypassed it. It seemed that a intermediate dokkaebi had been dispatched this time. It could bring mayor impact even on the main scenario. Of course that would be if the constellations desired it.

And what was the desires of the constellations? Anyone living in this hellhole of the apocalypse would know by now. 

Flick. 

The dokkaebi flick his fingers and the dome around Myung Ilsang disappeared. This caused Kim Dokja to spit out blood before staggering forward and falling. Kim Dokja had used the wind as balance and now that the balance was gone he could only lose strength in his legs and fall. Kim Dokja didn't fall to the ground because something caught his shoulders and was holding him in place.

It was Yoo Jonghyuk. Kim Dokja could how Yoo Jonghyuk had gotten burnt by the fire earlier yet he still choose to support him even though it must be hurting a lot. This makes Kim Dokja want to take back his words about how his companion is a bastard. Of course Yoo Jonghyuk is still a bastard in Kim Dokja's heart. 

The dokkaebi still wasn't done though. The dokkaebi's eyes moved to the half dead Myung Ilsang who was basically unconscious from the lack of air. Getting rid of the dome wasn't enough to restore the balance because Myung Ilsang was already at death's doorstep. 

And then another second passed before the dokkaebi choose his words. 

[Disaster of Question unarmed was weak enough to only be handle by two people... But then, what about the armed version...]

This wasn't the development neither Kim Dokja or Yoo Jonghyuk had expected. Kim Dokja knew that Disaster of Questions was a warrior and  that he was naturally more powerful with a weapon. The reason Myung Ilsang hadn't armed himself before was because of his own mentality. 

Myung Ilsang didn't think that there would be anyone strong enough to face him even if he himself didn't cary weapons and therefor because of his own pride he sought out his doom. There was only a few instances when Myung Ilsang had armed himself and that was in the regression before the 30th regression turn. The reason why it wasn't earlier was because there wasn't anyone powerful enough and the reason why it didn't occur later then the 30th regression turn was simple because Yoo Jonghyuk was too powerful. 

So what would happened if the dokkaebi forcefully armed Disaster of Question during the 3rd turn? Kim Dokja didn't want to even think about. That wasn't even the only problem with this. Kim Dokja bookmark skill only had a few minutes left before it would forcibly turn of and Yoo Jonghyuk and himself had suffered plenty throughout the battle already. If they were to continue fighting an even more powerful version then...

The word 'strategic retreat' seems to be whispering into his ears softly. If only then had more time... 

[Because of further enhancement the Disaster of Questions will be postponed... You better use that time well, incarnations. The next battle will surly be thrilling.]

[The sub-scenario - SSS-grade Hunt had been postponed.]

[The sub-scenario - SSS-grade Hunt had been updated.]

+

[The sub-scenario - SSS-grade Hunt]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: ???

Clear Conditions: Get rid of SSS-grade Myung Ilsang(armed).

Time limit: None

Compensation: 60 000 coins, ???

Failure: Fall of Seoul Dome.

+

With that the intermediate dokkaebi disappeared and left behind a terrible scenario. 

Myung Ilsang was covered in another dome that was somehow different then the one made out of wind. This one was more of a protective shield rather than a binding dome. Myung Ilsang was also asleep inside of it and it was as if he once again slept inside the meteorite. 

It seemed like they were safe for the time being at least. But they couldn't party just yet because the final phase was incoming and they would need to grow much stronger before then.

Yoo Jonghyuk, who was still holding onto Kim Dokja's shoulders, took another hold of him before he threw him over his own shoulders so that Kim Dokja wouldn't need to stand anymore. Though the position wasn't the greatest for Kim Dokja he could only hang over Yoo Jonghyuk's wide shoulders and stare into his back. Yoo Jonghyuk was now holding onto his legs instead. 

Yoo Jonghyuk intended to head back and group up with the others who probably didn't understand the situation. Yoo Jonghyuk could only adapt to the ever changing world around him as he tightened his grep on Kim Dokja's legs as ran. 

...

Kim Dokja had somehow fallen asleep in that position on the way back and Yoo Jonghyuk could feel Kim Dokja's soft breaths against his back. Yoo Jonghyuk hadn't even gotten that far before Kim Dokja passed out. Just how tired was he to be able to sleep like this. Yoo Jonghyuk hesitated for a second before he stopped and choose to settle down in a nearby building. 

Kim Dokja wouldn't be able to get a good rest while being carried so Yoo Jonghyuk choose to stop so that Kim Dokja could rest. The building was abounded as always but the interior wasn't damaged too badly. The bed was still useable and he put Kim Dokja down on it.

Yoo Jonghyuk was also tired but he had another important thing to come up and that was to deal with the armed returnee. 

Yoo Jonghyuk had thought of multiple ways of facing Myung Ilsang but he had yet to come up with the specifics. So while Kim Dokja would rest, Yoo Jonghyuk would carefully plan their next move.