Ch. 14-Trust

Yoo Jonghyuk glared at the head, the head glared back.

The first apostle, Han Sooyoung, had a surprised look on her face. Who wouldn't have that in this situation. All of her plans just now had failed.The apostles who had joined to team up with Yoo Jonghyuk were killed, the dragon was killed as well. The attack on Chungmuro failed because of all of these unexpected variables. 

A guy who had pretended to be Yoo Jonghyuk, and Yoo Jonghyuk pretending to be someone else. Jung Heewon who had defended against them all. Who knew she had her hands on that  [Tyrant T-Rex's DNA Ampoule] which amplified one's physical and magic abilities. And apparently, Yoo Jonghyuk already knew who she was? 

There were many questions and not enough answer for her. She put her mind to work to understand whatever clique situation this is. 

From what she knew it was possible that the core of the book had changed and that this wasn't the normal regressions she knew. She had considered the possibility of this not being the first time that they're meeting at that she existed in a pervious regression turn. If that was the case then it was understandable why they would be able to predict all of her plans.

And if so, there wouldn't be a way for her to pull out lies if he already knew all about it. 

Han Sooyoung quieted down for a bit trying to figure out what exactly is going. This worked in Yoo Jonghyuk's favor because he didn't have the energy to deal with someone like her right now. The only reason he hadn't cut up the head yet was because Han Sooyoung would later join Kim Dokja's company. It would be good if they could bring her over as quick as possible. 

Though that didn't mean he had to fix his attitude at all. If she wasn't going to be able to deal with at least this much rudeness, she wouldn't be worth it. 

"Han Sooyoung." 

He said her name to get her attention.

"I won't join your side." 

He needed to make it perfectly clear to her what how it was.

"Your side is already destroyed. The information you have is lacking compared to Kim Dokja. You don't have any value as it stands now. That is the present right now." 

Han Sooyoung's eyes widens slightly. Like she recalled something thanks to that statement. Yoo Jonghyuk didn't miss the reaction but still choose to ignore it. 

"Though your future could be different. That is if you join us instead. You'll be able to survive if you make the right choice. So, think carefully until we meet next time, Han Sooyoung."

Yoo Jonghyuk didn't allow her to put more words in as he threw the head to the ground and he stepped on it. It disappeared into thin air after bursting. Yoo Jonghyuk turned around and looked at Kim Dokja. 

"Kim Dokja."

"Yoo Jonghyuk." 

Kim Dokja was a bit stunned after the performers but he still answered back. Silence swept over the again. Yoo Jonghyuk really wanted to know what was going through Kim Dokja's head. Yoo Jonghyuk spoke after a few seconds.

"Are you not going to ask me anything?" 

"I guess. But you don't want to tell me, do you?" 

"That is true. But that doesn't mean I won't speak to you." 

"So you will tell me?" 

Kim Dokja, who had used [Omniscient reader viewpoint], already understood a bit about whoever that was. Of course, any other information would be helpful as well.