Ch. 33-Disaster of Flood-part 2

There was a clash between sword and body. Shin Yoosung who had stepped out the meteor mere minutes ago didn't have any weapons on her. Her weapons had always been her beasts and monsters. Although her way of attack wasn't only limited to beasts.

There was her perfect protection because of the fur covering her body. And she could control and condense ether as her attacks. Techniques learned from a millennium was condensed into a single attack.

Yoo Jonghyuk swung his sword but it was parried by Shin Yoosung before it could do any greater damage. Shin Yoosung had the upper hand in both strength and speed so just overwhelming in raw power wouldn't work.

Kim Dokja wasn't on standby either. His fire covered ether sword did more than enough to cover up his weakness in technique. 

While Yoo Jonghyuk was slightly pushed back, Kim Dokja cut from the side and made it so Shin Yoosung needed to dodge. The sword Yoo Jonghyuk had was only SS-grade and couldn't at all be compered to the star relic Kim Dokja was using.

Kim Dokja's sword could even slice through the thick pelt while Yoo Jonghyuk's sword was being destroyed by Shin Yoosung's ether filled punches.

They clashed, clashed and clashed again. 

Until...

-Crash.

The 5th grade sea species, King Masswood. The 5th grade behemoth, Heavy Metal Bean. The comrades 41st round Shin Yoosung had summoned simultaneously went down.

It was an organized attack after days of training. 

Yoo Jonghyuk had greatly helped his teammates improve their strength while Kim Dokja was discussing  strategy with them. Someone who know their greatest potential and someone who know almost everything there is to know. 

This duo of leaders was without a doubt the greatest there is.

Even if 41st round Shin Yoosung had been personally trained by the 41st round Yoo Jonghyuk, she was still only a student. Being faced with 1864th round Yoo Jonghyuk, one who had surpassed 41st Yoo Jonghyuk by leaps and bounds, there was no way for her to compete.

If it had been 3rd to 40th turn Yoo Jonghyuk than maybe things would have been different.

But now there was this that existed. 

[The story 'Life and Death Companions' begins its storytelling.]

A story unlike all else. 

A story that spans across world lines and time. 

A story between two companions.

It remember. Just like how Yoo Jonghyuk remembered. 

The battle that repeated itself over and over every regression. Although it was different this time, because this time he had a story that remembered this battle. 

Shin Yoosung also reacted to the story.

"...Companions? Captain has a companion? Why?" 

Her mind that was at the edge go collapsing couldn't handle anything emotional. Anything that touches her soul could cause her to brake down and in return destroy everything and everyone.

"...Is it him? The one fight with you? Why is it him?" 

Jumping to conclusion and hurting her own mind. It was a very human way of doing things. Shin Yoosung, even if she had traveled for a millennium, was still a human deep down.

Kim Dokja recognized her state of mind. Not just because of what he had read in the web novel but because something he couldn't put his finger on.

Was there sympathy for her... or?