Ch. 3-Shadow keeper

"I'll ask you one more time. Who are you?"

The words spew out of her mouth as if to strangle his neck. Her voice was confident yet her face tells him otherwise. The words were sharp, sharper than he expected. When did this sword become so sharp?

"A survivor."

A simple answer he had used many times before. Not wanting to waste his time or breath with other humans. 

"Uh-huh, are you here to seek shelter then?"

He gives a small nod. He plans on staying here for two days like last time. Enough time to do everything he needs to do. The sword that he plans on using is in the treasure room in the middle of a sub scenario. Of course, he needs a weapon before slaying all of the 9th grade underground species, ground rat. 

Weak creatures they are. Like the demonic people from before. But this time the number is higher and he had yet to gather enough coins to take it on. The real problem would be the shadow keeper. A higher grade monster associated with the Demon King of Rage and Lust. Demon King Asmodeus. He needn't kill it nor fight it though. It was easy enough to just sneak past. 

"You are aware that the whole of Seoul has broken down, right? And that you won't be a rescue team coming?"

He knows this better than anyone else. Though that wouldn't be the case with a lot of others. The fastest ones to adapt have a higher survival chance. Like how Kim Namwoon was. He never really lived, in reality, and therefore had an easier time when the fable 'Star Stream' came. 

He gives another nod to answer. She continues to talk. 

Annoying, he couldn't help but think. Get to the point already. 

"I advise you not to join the group here. They are all controlled by Cheon Inho. Once you join it will be hard to leave. You should count yourself lucky encountering me here instead of his gang members. They would have killed you on the spot if you wouldn't have joined them."

"I won't."

"And what is that you have there? Food?"

"Move."

"That isn't the way to talk to strangers."

"Didn't you say it yourself? Seoul has fallen, it doesn't matter how I talk to others."

If she wasn't his former party member he would have definitely punched her in the gut by now. 

"I guess I'll let you pass." 

Good, with this she gets to live another day, he mumbled to himself.

But just as he was about to leave, she called out to him one last time. Stopping him in his tracks. 

"Can I at least get your name before you leave?"

Another bothersome question. He wasn't at all talkative yet she just keeps talking. Had someone starved her of human interactions? 

"Yoo Jonghyuk."

"I would say it's nice to meet you, but it's not. I'm Jung Heewon by the way."

{I wasn't asking you that. Stop with these unnecessary answers.}

Not bothering waiting anymore, he leaves. He couldn't just stand around talking when Kim Dokja was fighting the sea commander alone. 

...

Cheon Inho. The gang leader who took control over Gumho station. The first regression he joined thinking he was a savior to someone. What a joke. The way everyone was treated reminded me of one of those fables where they took someone in and treated them nicely and feed them. Only to eat them later when they fell asleep. Though in this case, they would only take the coins and the equipment.