Ch. 43-Genders are but an illusion, only I'm true to you

"What do you think of Kim Dokja?"

Han Sooyoung had seriously asked Yoo Jonghyuk this question. As much as Yoo Jonghyuk likes to pull out his sword at her he still new that this wasn't the time. So, he honestly chose to answer.

"He's a deceitful bastard."  

"I can't argue with that."

Han Sooyoung felt that is was a description perfectly fitting of Kim Dokja. Except what she wanted was to pry open more of Yoo Jonghyuk and Kim Dokja's relationship.

"This wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for." 

Han Sooyoung was a writer, she had no problem changing her wording if needed. But with Yoo Jonghyuk and love, she felt that she needed to be more direct with him. 

"Then, what do you see your relationship with Kim Dokja as? I don't want to hear just 'companion' from you."

Not just a companion? Yoo Jonghyuk didn't need to think about it and straightforwardly told Han Sooyoung,

"We're Life and Death Companions." 

Not only was it a companion, it was 'life and death companion'. Han Sooyoung looked at Yoo Jonghyuk like he was a idiot. 

'Fu*king chunni answer you gave.'

Feeling the look Han Sooyoung gave him, Yoo Jonghyuk raised an eyebrow.

Forget it, there was no use in getting worked up, Han Sooyoung thought to herself. There was a reason she needed to be here after all.

"Yoo Jonghyuk, you been trapped by your narrow vision, not noticing how everyone else around you feel. Just a single look from a third perspective is enough to notice."

"...Han Sooyoung?"

"I'm not saying Kim Dokja isn't your Life and Death Companion, what I am saying is that you need to figure out Life and Death Companion means as a relationship status. Remember how you were once married? But now you don't even look at her, you just follow Kim Dokja around all day long. I'm afraid you might not be as straight as you think."

"Han Sooyoung, genders is a limiting worldview made up by humans. Do you think that I would care about what humans think of genders?"

"No, I'm talking about sexuality. Your sexuality to be exact."

"My sexuality isn't something for you to question."

Yoo Jonghyuk felt that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, obviously Han Sooyoung had something important to say. But it wasn't even about the scenario or Star Stream. Instead she kept talking about him and Kim Dokja. Was there some sort of hidden point he was supposed to get out of this?

He stood up and was about to leave, yet Han Sooyoung didn't let him go. She stood short in front of him. Almost asking to get stepped on. The temptation surged Yoo Jonghyuk's heart.

"Hey, Yoo Jonghyuk! Listen, don't you think you're escaping reality a bit too much?! I came here to sit down and talk it out with you! Yet you don't even give me a bit of your time? This isn't done for me but for you!"

Although she spoke with such confidence, her true motive was for herself. She is a selfish person at heart. Of course, this sort of thing isn't unchangeable. Without realizing it herself, Han Sooyoung had started to let other people into her heart.

Yoo Jonghyuk's steps halted.

"For me?" 

"Yes, you!"

"I don't need it."

Merciless rejection. Han Sooyoung wondered why she even tried this in the beginning.