Ch. 62-Damn protagonist jerk

"Yoo Jonghyuk, you are really a damn protagonist jerk!"

Han Sooyoung gritted her teeth as she spoke without bothering to get up from the floor of the Dark Castle.

"Don't let the scenarios fool you, you are the real demon here."

"You jerk."

Not far from Han Sooyoung stod Yoo Jonghyuk slightly tilted against the wall. Yoo Jonghyuk didn't even bother lowering his gaze to look at fallen Han Sooyoung, instead, he just pinched the in-between his eyes. 

"You know this isn't enough the reach my bottom line. So, why do you continue?" 

"Bastard, why did you steal my proofs for in the first place? What if Kim Dokja hears of this?"

"Really pushing it, huh?"

Even after everything, why did it come to this? Yoo Jonghyuk clicked his tongue, why did it have to come to this?

After picking up his not-actually-so-helpless sister, he started ransacking the Dark Castle for demon proofs, and for some reason, he still runs into Han Sooyoung along the way. Even when he tried to avoid her.

"Han Sooyoung, why isn't Yoo Sangah with you?"

"She went off to look for a certain bastard."

"Kim Dokja?"

"No, it's you, you idiot." 

Of course, Yoo Jonghyuk already knew the reason why Yoo Sangah would search for him. However, this time, he would not willingly let Yoo Sangah find him. 

"Why did you attack when you already knew that you were destined to lose?" 

"The story isn't set in stone yet, nothing is impossible. Do you think that only because you got your number one lovey-dovey spot together with Kim Dokja that you would be invincible?"

"I understand now."

"You understand what?"

"That you are jealous."

"Again, you bastard!" 

It turns out she was testing out the system rankings. Although it wasn't the best approach to it, seeing how she was almost turned into dust. Then again, when it comes down to strength, she could have almost rivaled my point from before the time jump. If it goes on like this, things might really change. No, it has to change.

Maybe, meeting Han Sooyoung again wasn't the worse. At least it lightened his mood. She has begun to speak from her heart around him. 

"You jerk, why did you stay?"

"..."

...This, is it something he should tell her? No, there shouldn't be any problem. She should even be able to guess why without explanations. 

"I believe Kim Dokja will show up here."

"Thought so. You and your lower body truly know your way around."

"..."

"W-wait a second, it was a joke. A pure joke. Now, put that back."

Yoo Jonghyuk, with a sword in hand, looked at Han Sooyoung with disgust.

"Han Sooyoung."

Yoo Jonghyuk spoke. However, Han Sooyoung couldn't even see his lips moving due to the shadow suddenly covering most of his face up. She slowly nodded while gritting her teeth so she would accidentally put that last straw on the camel's back.