Ch. 40-Han Sooyoung is back

After meeting Han Sooyoung, goddess of Peace Land, they headed towards the castle. Yoo Jonghyuk reluctantly let Kim Dokja down as it was inconvenient to chat in such a manner. Still, even if Yoo Jonghyuk wanted to follow, he couldn't. 

It was the inconvenience that came along side strength; fear from the ones you're protecting.

Although in reality, he didn't care much for their safety at all. He had already once murdered everyone in cold blood once before.

Yoo Jonghyuk settled down just outside of Veronica castle. Not putting up a tent or something similar, just sitting against a tree. This simple setting was something he was used to. 

Honestly, tent and sleeping bags were like decorations for him. It was something he played along with because others in his party wasn't used to the cold hard ground.

There was one time when Lee Jihye had questioned him. 

"Master, as the Supreme King, isn't it unfitting of the title if you just sleep directly on the ground?" 

At the time, he hadn't thought at all about something so minor. 

Survival was the only thing he thought of.

Survival of him and his teammates.

And to get to the end of the scenarios.

But that was then. Now he had Kim Dokja.

The night passed silently, or so it could of been.

Yoo Jonghyuk had been fully prepared to be left alone, after all, his teammates and Kim Dokja could sleep in Veronica castle. 

He seemed to have drawn the wrong conclusion.

It could be said that it was all natural, leaving ones companion to sleep on the bare ground while oneself sleeps in a castle, it wasn't something someone calling themselves a companion would do.

"Kim Dokja, why are you here?" 

"I can't be here?" 

"...do what you want."

 The small figure of Kim Dokja gradually got closer. Yoo Jonghyuk's gaze never left it one bit. 

"If you keep staring at me like I'll get...?"

'No, what will I get?'

Kim Dokja stopped his words. 

'Get embarrassed?'

It was a natural response to being stared at, yet he didn't want to put it into words.

'Being stared at by Yoo Jonghyuk, shouldn't one be scared? And with my current size... Why would I get flustered instead?'

"Yoo Jonghyuk, about tomorrow, what are your plans? Surely you're planning on getting the weapon, yet you still came to me? Wouldn't that just decrease the amount of time you have?" 

Although his main reason for coming to Yoo Jonghyuk wasn't what he was talking about, He felt that it was still necessary to clear up.

"To protect you, why else?" 

Yoo Jonghyuk didn't emit all of his thoughts. He came partially because he was worried, and also to protect Kim Dokja. In this point of time there were too many dangers. Too many unpredictable dangers.

One of which Kim Dokja would be meeting tomorrow.

"Why do you have to say it so naturally. It is almost as if I would die in an encounter here?" 

"..."

This silence, did he awaken any memories?

"Wait, I didn't die here, right?"