An End of a Growing Friendship?

Beep beep beep beep beep

Beeping and mumbling voices was all I could hear, my mind was awake but I couldn't see anything other than darkness. I tried really hard to open my eyes but I had no energy to; my body ached and it felt like I had a ton of weight lying on top of me.

"What happened? Is she going to be okay?" I heard a panicked woman's voice.

"Mrs Edwards please calm down." I heard a male voice say.

The woman's voice was my mom's but why did she sound so panicky and disintegrated.

"How did this happen?" I heard my mom ask.

After hearing a few footsteps move, the room finally fell silent and I felt a little more at ease; I eventually stopped fighting the urge to open my eyes knowing it would be futile. I let myself fall into a deep sleep, after a long time I felt my body relax.

"Carly, can you hear me?" I heard a gruff voice ask.

"Carly, you need to get up."

"Hmm." I moaned.

"Come on Carly, get up."

"Hmm."

After a long struggle I eventually was able to open my eyes, my vision was blurred so I couldn't see very clearly.

"Here." I heard the voice say.

I looked up to see a blurry vision of a boy, I could only make out he had blonde hair. He handed me my glasses. After putting them on I saw a smiling Nate looking at me.

I grimaced at first then managed returning a small smile. I took in my surroundings; I was in a white room with the outside lights shining through the blue plain cotton curtains; I could make out it was dark outside already. There was a little television set mounted on the wall directly from of where I was laying and a little wooden table at the far end of my bed. I sat up and felt something pull at my wrist, I looked and saw a drip on my hand.

"Easy Carly." Nate said cautiously.

"Do you want me to call the nurse?" he asked.

My head felt really heavy, it was as if a mountain of bricks were placed on it.

"Where am I?" I asked my voice sounding foreign to my ears.

I looked around more now that I was sitting up; I took more of my surroundings in and realized where I was.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I asked with a slight panic edging my voice.

Nate frowned. "Don't you remember?"

I shook my head. My head hurt so much that I couldn't think properly.

"You passed out at school." Nate answered.

"I don't know what happened and when, but I was leaving school and noticed a mob of

people standing in the car park, I then noticed you standing in the middle looking scared and distraught. The next thing I knew you passed out, luckily I was there otherwise you would've hit your head pretty hard." He chuckled at the last bit of his sentence.

Everything was coming back to me now, the taunts and insults, all of what happened at school flashed through my mind. I could still see Mason's triumphant smirk as everyone insulted and taunted me. I could feel myself getting angry and at the same time I felt pathetic knowing that a lot of the things that were said were partially true.

They were right; I wasn't as rich as all the other students, I wasn't pretty at all, I hid behind baggy clothes and hideous glasses and maybe just maybe I did slightly overreact at Mason's party. I could feel tears threatening to escape from my eyes thinking back to this afternoon's horrible incident.