The Playboy's Game

Dedicated to Nour1000 for the awesome trailer on the side, do check it out : )

As soon as my lips touched his, the common sense button seemed to switch on again. I realized that my lips were over Masons and he stood immobile doing nothing; he was probably in a state of shock.

I opened my eyes wide and pulled away at the speed of lightening. I felt my cheeks burn and looked away. I couldn't look at Mason after what I'd just done.

"I'm, uh, um sorry, I..." I began awkwardly running a nervous hand through my hair. "I um, think someone must've surely put something in my drink because, while you were talking, I don't know what came over me and I was just, uh, um moving..."

"Carly." I heard Mason's calm voice but ignored it and carried on ranting.

"Moving towards you and the next thing I kn-" I couldn't complete my sentence because Mason held onto the back of my head and brought me closer to him, crashing his lips down on mine.

It took me a few seconds to comprehend what was happening, for the second time tonight my lips were on Masons. Mason moved his hands and cupped my cheeks gently as his soft lips slowly began moving against mine.

I could feel my heart beating erratically against my ribcage but I ignored it and closed all my thoughts and slowly began kissing him back.

The kiss was sweet, gentle and chaste; Mason was kissing me slowly, so slowly that it was almost painful. I was never used to being kissed so gently- when I dated Blake our kisses were more heated and passionate. But I happened to like this slow, gentle kiss, it sort of gave me the impression that Mason respected me and wasn't rushing anything.

I moved my hands and placed it on his upper back as we deepened the kiss, I could feel our lips move slightly more urgent and I was enjoying the feel of his lips over mine so much that I had to resist the urge to moan in delight.

"Carly where were you runn-"

"Holy macaroons!" Mason and I instantly broke apart as Amber's shocked voice rained through.

Amber's face was the utter definition of shock, surprise, bewilderment, disbelief and maybe a little of repulsion. Her eyes were rounded into saucers and her mouth sat agape.

I felt my cheeks burn again, as if getting caught doing something very wrong and forbidden. "What?" she breathed in shock.

Mason cleared his throat and when I averted my gaze to his I noticed his face to be slightly flushed and his lips looking a little swollen and extra plump. "Uh," he began.

"So um, you were leaving?" I cut him off.

He put his hands in his pockets awkwardly. "Yeah, um, happy birthday again. I'll see you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks."

Mason looked at me one time before he started making his way to his car. "Goodnight." I called after him.

Mason stopped walking and looked at me over his shoulder with a smile. "Goodnight."

He then looked behind me and waved his fingers at Amber. "Ta-ta Rubylocks." He smirked and walked off.

I laughed lightly, glad that Mason was normal again and not the awkward and slightly uncomfortable one from a minute ago.

I walked towards Amber after Mason was out of sight to see her still looking flabbergasted and shocked. She slowly moved her eyes towards me and I awkwardly rolled my lower lip into my mouth and fiddled with my fingers in front of me. I knew Amber was going to ask a ton of questions once she composed herself.